Computer Science is considered as one of the flourishing professions in the country. The field is known for generating huge revenues in the Indian economy. The reason behind this is that due to outsourcing to India, many countries get benefits in terms of labour costs and business processes. Also, the Indian companies are expanding the range of services being provided to the customers, which is resulting in more off shoring. The shortage of acute trained manpower and keeping in mind the changing scenario, a wide range of institutes for computer science has been developed across the country.
Among all those, Pune University Department of Computer Science is the one that bridges the gap for the demand of qualified professionals in the field.
Department of Computer Science, Pune University launched the program of MCA in the year 1983. The department imparts three years full time course of MCA (Master in Computer Application). It also offers courses like M.Tech in Computer Application and Master of Science in Computer Science. During the course, the institute equips students with in depth study of computer science field. All the courses are affiliated to the Pune University.
* This Entrance Examination is specifically conducted for the admission to the full time courses conducted at the Department of Computer Science, University of Pune.
* 50% Seats of the total intake capacity are reserved for the students belonging to reserved categories from Maharashtra State only.
* Regarding the PUCSD Entrance Examination, instructions available only on this site are applicable. Instruction/information obtained through any other channels (e.g. telephone, personnel etc.) is not applicable.
* Reservation is applicable only for Maharashtra domicile candidates (SC, ST, DT/NT, OBC categories) as per the Govt. of Maharashtra rule.
* Caste validity certificate is essentital for various purposes including the benefit of scholarship/freeship also.
* Valid Non-creamy layer certificate is necessary for OBC, DT/NT category candidates at the time of final admissions.
Courses : M.C.A.(under Science Faculty) and M.Sc. (Computer Science)
Eligibility Criteria :
Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
Date of Examination : 03rd March 2013
Last date of online Application : 10th Feb 2013
Last date of submission of printout of Application Form alongwith DD and necessary documents : 18th Feb 2013
It is located amidst the campus of the Pune University. The University has sprawling campus that has been equipped with all the modern facilities. It has been equipped with modern infrastructure like wide air-conditioned and tiered class room with facilities like on line teaching, seminar room and conference hall with audio visual facilities for presentation. The campus has a large sports ground with facilities like cricket, football, basketball and a modern gymnasium. The college also allows separate hostel facility for boys and girls.
After the successful completion of courses, the college assists their academic bright students in getting placements to leading IT firms. Every year many companies visit the campus for recruitment process such as Amazon, Bachao.org, Deloitte, Microsoft, Nvidia, Yahoo, Web Chutney and many more.