Punjab University CET
(5 out of 5 based on 33 Ratings)
Panjab University Common Entrance test [PU-CET (U.G.)] is undergraduate common entrance exam conducted for admission to B.Pharma and B.Sc (Hons) courses at the university. All students who have passed or appeared for 10+2 examination of the Central Board of Education New Delhi or its equivalent examination conducted by a recognized board, university or council in India shall be eligible to appear for this exam. Admission of candidates for PU CET shall be provisional that means candidates have to satisfy the minimum conditions for eligibility stipulated by the university for admission.
Please note that applicants who do not appear for PU CET 2014 or do not qualify for the exam will be not be considered for admission.
Scheme of admission to B. Pharma (Credit based semester system) and B.Sc (Hons School) is as follows:
• Qualifying exam (10+2)= 25 percent
• PU CET 2014 (UG Entrance)= 75 percent
• B.Pharm. (Credit Based Semester system)
• B.Sc (Honors School Semester system) offered in subjects of
(Anthropology, Bio-chemistry, Bio-physics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Microbiology, Mathematics, Mathematics and Computing, Physics, Physics & Electronics, Zoology)
B.Pharma:- Should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/BC) with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology.
B. Sc:- Should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/BC) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Punjab University CET Registration / Application Form
Applicants wishing to apply for PU-CET 2014 are required to do so online on http://cetug.puchd.ac.in. Candidates are required to create a user ID and password for this purpose. Please read the instructions carefully before applying for the exam. After completing online application take a printout of the application form and send the same duly signed through registered or speed post or submit it in person with documents to the
Coordinator, CET Admissions , CIIPP,Near SBI ,Sector-14, Panjab University, Chandigarh -160014.
Please do not forget to attach the following self attested photocopies of documents with your exam application form.
• Matriculation certificate showing date of birth.
• Class 10 detailed marksheet.
• Class 12 detailed marksheet.
• Character certificate from institution last attended (Class 12).
• Certificates in proof of reserved category.
• Affidavit attested by the Magistrate 1st Class/ Notary, explaining the gap in studies, if any.
• Affidavit attested by the Magistrate 1st Class/ Notary, for single girl child if claim is made.
Punjab University CET Exam Dates
CLICK HERE TO CHECK YOUR PU-CET (UG) 2014 RESULT
PU CET (UG) will be held on on 25th May 2014 (Sunday) .
PAPER : TIME OF EXAM
Paper – I Physics : 9.00 a.m. -10.10 a.m.
Paper – II Chemistry: 10.30 a.m. -11.40 a.m.
Paper – III Biology: 12.00 p.m. -1.10 p.m.
Paper – IV Mathematics: 2.10 p.m. -3.20 p.m.
Paper – V Biotechnology : 3.40 p.m. -4.50 p.m.
Paper – VI Computer Science: 5.10 p.m. -6.20 p.m.
PU CET (PG) will be held between June 13th to 16th, 2014 (Friday to Monday).
Punjab University CET Syllabus
Panjab University 2014 Syllabus:-
• Sets and Functions
• Co-ordinate Geometery
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Relations and Functions
• Vectors and Three dimensional Geometery
• Linear Programming
• Physcial world and measurements
• Laws of motion
• Work, Energy and Power
• Motion of system of particiles and rigid body
• properties of bulk matter
• Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory
• Oscillation and Waves
• Current Electricity
• Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
• Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
• Electromagnetic waves
• Dual nature of matter and radiation
• Atoms and nuclei
• Electronic Devices
• Communication systems
• Some Basic concepts of chemistry
• Structure of Atom
• Classification of Elements and periodicity of properties
• Chemical bonding and molecular structure
• States of matter, gases and liquids
• Redox Reaction
• s-Block Elements
• Group 14 Elements
• Organic Chemistry
• Environmental Chemistry
• Solid State
• Chemical Kinetics
• Surface Chemistry
• General Principles and processes of isolation of elements
• p- Block Elements
• d and f Block Elements
• Co-ordination compunds
• Haloalkelines and Haloarenes
• Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
• Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
• Organic Compunds containing nitrogen
• Chemistry in everday life.
• Diversity in Living World
• Structural Organization in animals and plants
• Cell Structure and Function
• Plant Physiology
• Human Physiology
• Genetics and Evolution
• Biology and Human Welfare
• Biotechnology and its application
• Ecology and its environment
• Introduction to Biotechnology
• Cell and Development
• Genetics and Molecular Biology
• Protein and Gene Manipulation
• Cell Culture and Genetic Manupilation
• Computer Fundamentals
• Introduction to C++
• Programming Methodology
• Programming in C++
• Programming in C++
• Data Structures
• Database Management System and SQL
• Boolean Algebra
•Networking and Open Source Software
For detailed syllabus click here
Panjab University CET 2014 Paper Pattern:-
The test will be conducted in the subjects of,
(i) Physics, (ii) Chemistry (iii) Biology (iv) Mathematics (v) Biotechnology and (vi) Computer Science
Paper-I Physics - 60 questions - 70 minutes
Paper-II Chemistry 60 questions - 70 minutes
Paper-III Biology 60 questions - 70 minutes
Paper-IV Mathematics 60 questions - 70 minutes
Paper-V Biotechnology 60 questions- 70 minutes
Paper-VI Computer Science 60 questions - 70 minutes
The total number of marks per paper is 120 ie 2 marks for each question. For each wrong answer, 25% or 1/4 mark alloted to each question would be deducted. Candidates would be required to answer questions on the OMR sheet provided for the same.
Candidates will be required to choose a suitable combination of subjects depending on his/her choice of the course(s) and subjects he/she has studied in 10 +2. Possible combinations are given in Appendix II. (http://cetug.puchd.ac.in/prospectus-2013.pdf).
The medium of examination shall be ENGLISH only.
Punjab University CET Preparation
PU CET 2014 Preparation:
Dedicated and complete study is the key to PUCET preparation. Dedicated study involves reading and revision of entire syllabus of subjects which you have opted. Do not forget to allocate some time for solving of previous years question papers. These question papers not only give you a first hand feel of the exam but also help you to assess your level of preparation for the exam.
Punjab University CET Notification
PU CET 2014 Notification:-
Date of Availability of Prospectus and online Admission Form for Admission to B.Pharm., B.Sc. (Hons. School) on the website http://cetug.puchd.ac.in/index.php -. March 19, 2014
Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Bank Challan - April 29, 2014
Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan - May 01, 2014 upto 4:00 p.m
PU – CET (U.G.) will be held on 25.05.2014 (Sunday)
Click Here for more details.