If you are considering an MBA from Xaviers, you need to appear for XAT 2016? XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is ranked among the top MBA Entrance Exams in India. The first management assesment in India, XLRI has been conducting the exam for close to six decades. This entrance assesment is accepted for admission to MBA and PGDM programs in business schools associated with Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). There are almost 100 Xavier Association of Management Institutes other than XLRI that use XAT’s score for the admission to their post graduate courses in management.
Considered as the toughest management entrance exam in India, XAT exam is a perfect opportunity for management aspirants who wish to build a career in management.
XAT 2016 Eligibility:
Bachelors degree (Graduation) in any stream from a recognized university.
Aspirants who are expected to complete their graduation by June 10, 2015 are also eligible to apply for XAT 2015.
XAT Registration / Application Form
XAT 2015 Application Form and Registration:
01. Focused and qualified persons wishing to apply for Xavier Aptitude Test 2015 are required to visit www.xatonline.net.in and click on the link "XAT Registration."
02. Fill up the required preliminary information and enter a password of your choice and submit the same.
03. After intial registration you will receive your XAT 2015 ID by email.
04. Login again and fill educational qualification, other details and choose a test city.
Cities where XAT 2015 will be conducted:-
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal,
Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun,
Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur,
Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai,
Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur,
Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada,
Dubai and Kathmandu
05. Make payment of XAT application fee:
The application fee for XAT Exam 2015 is Rs. 1000 (rupees one thousand only) for all applicants.
06. Select Mode of Payment: There are three possible modes of payment
Online Payment Gateway: Through VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards (American Express Card is inadmissible)
IDBI Net banking (this option is available only for IDBI account holder)
Cash Payment: You have to take a print out of the XAT Pay-In-Slip visit nearest IDBI bank and make the payment.
Demand Draft: You have to get a DD made in favour of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur.
Important: If you intend to pay through Mode 2 & 3 you should update the payment details in the registration page. If you fail to do so you will not be allowed to upload your passport sized photograph and signature.
07. Upload Photograph and Signature: You are required to upload your scanned digital photograph and signature
CLICK HERE for the process of uploading the photograph and signature.
08. Print XAT Confirmation page: Print confirmation page for your reference. In future for all correspondence with XAT office quote your XAT ID.
09. Send Confirmation page: In case of payment of XAT application fee 2014 through DD you need to send your DD along with the confirmation page to XAT office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur- 831001 within fifteen days from the issuance of DD. Applicants who have made the payments through Cash, IDBI internet banking or credit/debit cards are not required to send the Confirmation page to XAT Office.
10. Downloading of XAT Bulletin: You can download XAT e Bulletin 2015 from www.xlri.ac.in
11. Download Admit Card: Your admit card will be uploaded on December 18, 2014 you may download it from xatonline.net.in till December 31, 2014.
CLICK HERE for Registration Flowchart of XAT Exam 2015.
XAT Exam Dates
XAT 2015 will be conducted on January 04, 2015 (Sunday) between 10:30 am and 01:30 pm across 47 test cities in India and two abroad (Kathmandu, Dubai).
XAT Books XAT Preparation Tips
XAT Coaching Institutes XAT Colleges
XAT Syllabus 2015:-
There is no set Syllabus for XAT, however questions will be asked from various common subjects as such as Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making, Logical Reasoning and Data interpretation.
XAT 2016 pattern will be similar to the one followed in the last few years. This paper pen based test will have four sections.(i) Verbal and Logical Ability (ii) Decision Making (iii) Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (iv) General Knowledge.The marks of General Knowledge will not be used for determining the percentile and cut off at first stage of selection. However it is used by XLRI and some othr Associate Member Institutes at the time of final selection.
Mode of Examination:- Paper & Pen based
Duration: 3 hours (180 minutes)
Section A (Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes)
Quantitative Ability, English Language Ability & Logical Reasoning and Decision Making
Sections B (20 minutes)
English Essay writing and General Awareness
There'll be objective type questions with four options, having single correct answer with 1/3rd marking for the first 5 wrong questions in each section & ½ for errors beyond 5 mistakes.
Since XAT is among the toughest exams in India, it is recommended that students should take up any of the top coaching institutes that prepare students to crack XAT. It is advisable that aspirants should try to attempt sample papers and previous years’ papers in order to find the loop holes during preparation.
XAT 2015 Exam Notification:-
Apply online on website:- http://xatonline.net.in from 12th August 2014 (Tuesday) to 22nd November 2014 (Saturday).
Last Date to change Test City:- 26th November 2014 (Wednesday).Downloading of Admit Cards:- 18th December 2014 (Thursday) - 31st December 2014 (Wednesday).
Date of Exam:- 4th January 2015 (Sunday) (10.30 am to 01.30 pm).
XAT 2015 Result:- Results will be available on the website by 31st January 2015 (Saturday)
CLICK HERE for more information on XAT 2015.