Below you will find IPS 2017 Cutoff for Prelims and Main. The cutoff is meant to be served as the basic selection criteria for the students. It will be released in the online mode and will be published here soon after its official declaration. In order to be considered as qualified, the students will have to score more than or up to the IPS Cutoff 2017. Different cutoff shall be released for the different levels of selection. The students are required to cross the cutoff for each level so as to join the next level.
About the Exam:-
• The Indian police service or IPS is the dream job for the lakhs of students in the country.
• Basically, this will be scheduled by the official exam body i.e. UPSC. For the year 2017, it will be scheduled in the month of June.
• The students need the consistent preparation for this exam as the exam is of quite high – level and considered among the toughest examinations.
• Needless to say, that the IPS Cutoff 2017 is the benchmark which the students will have to cross in order to join the next level of selection.
• It will be issued by the exam official body and shall be unchallengeable and unquestionable under any circumstance.
• Based on this cutoff marks, the official authority will release the merit list of the qualified students.
• Basically, this selection criterion will be used to demarcate the number of students in the main exam and the personal interview round.
• The need of the cutoff arises due to the large number of exam takers and the limited number of vacancies.
• As the students will be shortlisted on the basis of the cutoff marks, therefore, it is quite obvious that it is not randomly decided.
• Various factors are considered while determining the cutoff marks.
• These factors can make the cutoff as high or as low. Not all, but some of the influential parameters are mentioned here:
Last year cutoff marks
Number of exam takers
Total number of vacancies
Performance of the students in the exam
Lowest and average number of scores in the exam
Previous Year Stats:
• It is important to know the previous year stats so as to get the fair idea regarding the IPS Cutoff 2017. The students can check the previous year cutoff marks here.
Exam - General - OBC - SC - ST - PH – I - PH – II - PH – III
Prelims 107.34 106.00 94.00 91.34 90.66 76.66 40.00
Mains 676 630 622 617 580 627 504
Final cutoff 877 83 810 801 802 830 697