JEE Main is one of the reputed and renowned engineering entrance examinations in the country. Every year, a large number of aspirants take part in the entrance exam with the aim to get admission to the top – ranking engineering colleges. Soon after the completion of the exam, the official authority will issue the JEE Main Result 2017 for the students. Only those students who will qualify the main exam are eligible for the next round i.e. advanced exam.
How to Check?
• The result will be available in the online mode and the candidates can check the same here soon after its official availability.
• Based on the result, the merit list will be prepared for the qualified students.
• For the sake of convenience, the direct link to check the JEE Main
Score Card 2017. The students will have to just visit the link so as to reach the official page of the result.
• There, the students need to add the roll number and other asked details in the online form which will be loaded on the screen.
• Once the submission of the details is over, the students will be able to view their result on the screen.
• For the sake of security, the students should save the result for the future reference.
• The official authority will release the scorecard for the qualified students.
• It comprises of the actual scores in the exam paper and the status of those who qualify for the JEE (advanced).
• The scorecards will be released soon after the declaration of the JEE Main Result 2017.
• No scorecard or rank cards will be dispatched individually to the candidates.
• The students can obtain this official document only in the online mode soon after its availability.
• After the declaration of result, the official authority will release the merit list for the qualified students.
• Separate rank lists will be prepared for the BE/ B.Tech students and B.Arch students respectively.
• The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the scores in the entrance exam and the normalized scores in class 12th exam by giving the weightage of 60% and 40% respectively.
Tie – Breaking Procedure:
If two or more students obtain same marks in the exam then the dilemma between the two can be resolved by applying the tie – breaking procedure one after another.
• First of all, the marks in the mathematics section will be considered.
• If still the tie remains, the higher marks in the physics section will be taken into consideration.
• If still the tie persists then the total normalized qualifying marks will be considered.
• If still the tie between the students is not resolved then the ratio of positive and negative marks will be considered. The students will the higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
• If the resolution is not possible then the students will be given the same rank.