Get latest on BA LLB Admission 2016-17 with eligibility criteria and requirements for admission.
Once considered dead and dry, law has again emerged as a prominent career option in India. As an early step many aspirants opt for BA LLB course right after class 12. This integrated double degree honours academic programme combines bachelors degree in arts with a bachelor's degree in law. Other integrated degrees offered include BBA LLB (Honours) and B.SC LLB (Honours). Candidates also have an option of completing graduation and then taking up a three year LLB programme. BA LLB Admission in India is usually done through Common law admission test (CLAT). However, there are some universities and colleges that conduct their own entrance assessment test. However, CLAT is accepted at the national level for admission.
Course Review: The duration of this combined course is five years and each academic year is divided into two semesters. In the first year of study aspirants are exposed to common subjects like English, Sociology, Political science and economics. In the second year students are gradually introduced to law and history of courts and legislation. The third year of the course completely focuses on various aspects of of law, legislation, judiciary. The final two years indeptly offers study of various laws like Company Laws, Labor laws, CPC and also trains aspirants in moot court ,pre-trail preparations and participation in trial proceedings.
BA LLB application form: BA LLB Application form can be downloaded from the respective university websites. They are also available for sale at university counters and study centers along with course prospectus.
Colleges and universities offering BA LLB in India
Following is an admission guide for aspirants wishing to pursue BA LLB courses across top colleges and universities in India.
01) NLU Bangalore: Admission to BA LLB (Honours) programme is purely on the basis of merit in CLAT exam. The total intake capacity of this course is 80 seats. Candidates who have completed class 12 with minimum aggregate of 50 percent marks are eligible to apply. Candidates wishing to apply are first required to appear for CLAT which is held in May. The classes for the courses begin in July.
02) NALSAR University Hyderabad: NALSAR university Hyderabad BA LLB (Honors) is strictly done on the basis of merit in CLAT entrance test. The total intake capacity of this course is 70 seats out of which 14 seats are reserved for candidates from the state of Andhra Pradesh and the remaining 56 is for candidates from all over India. Direct admission is facilitated for foreign nationals for which a total of 10 seats are reserved. Foreign nationals need not take CLAT exam.
03) National Law University Delhi: Admission to first year BA LLB (Honours) programme of NLU Delhi is done strictly on the basis of merit in all India entrance exam (CLAT). Candidates who have passed Higher secondary exam (10+2) with a total percentage of 50 are eligible to apply. The age limit for candidates is 21 as on the first day of July of the year of admission.
04) Aligarh Muslim University: Admission to AMU BA LLB programme is done through Aligarh Muslim university's law entrance test. This is objective type multiple choice exam that test candidates with sections of general english, current affairs & general knowledge and reasoning and aptitude.
05) Panjab University: Panjab university Chandigarh, University Institute of Legal Studies conducts its own common entrance exam for admission to BA LLB (Honors) course.Candidates who have completed class 12 with a minimum aggregate of 50 percent are eligible to apply.
06) Gujarat National Law University: Admission to BA LLB course in GNLU is done through CLAT exam. Candidates wishing to apply for this exam must have passed higher secondary school examination (Class 12) or an equivalent exam with a minimum percentage of 50 percent marks. The age limit is 20 years as on 01st July of the year of admission.
07) Indraprasth university (IPU): IP University School of Law and legal studies offers admission to BA LLB course. This course consititutes of regular teaching in 09 semesters followed by the presentation of a thesis in last semester. Admission is done through a common entrance test conducted in subjects of general knowledge and english.
08) Jaipur National university (JNU): JNU offers five years full time integerated BA LLB degree. The minimum eligibility for this course is class 12 (intermediate) from a recognized university. Selection is done purely of merit in CLAT exam.
09) Jamia Millia University: BA LLB course at Jamia Millia University is a five year full time integrated program. The total intake capacity of this course is 60 seats. The entrance test for this programme shall consists of 130 objective type multiple choice questions and one subjective and descriptive question of 20 marks. Admission shall be made on the basis of this test. This test would broadly covers areas such as general knowledge, general english, logical reasoning and legal aptitude.
10) Osmania university: Osmania university proffers BA LLB intergrated program with a total intake capacity of 80 seats. An applicant who has completed 10+2 (intermediate) or equivalent exam from any recognized board in India is eligible to apply. Open university candidates are not eligible to apply for admission.