Below you will find GATE 2016 Application Form and Registration Procedure.
Apply online at website:- http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in from 1st September 2015 to 8th October 2015.
Application fee for GATE 2016
Women candidates - Rs. 750/-
SC/ST/PwD category candidates - Rs. 750/-
All other candidates - Rs. 1500/-
The fee can be paid with net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
The GATE 2016 Online Application Processing System requires that your photograph and signature be uploaded electronically at the time of submitting your application.
1. The photograph must be in color and taken after 1 August 2015 in a professional studio. Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self- composed portraits may result in rejection of application.
2. Background of the photograph must be white or a very light colour.
3.The face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
4. The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
5. If you normally wear spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. While you may wear spectacles for the photo shoot, if glare cannot be avoided, then remove the spectacles.
6. You must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
7. Ask your photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height) print
8. Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel) (Ask your studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher)
9. Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 240 × 320.
10. The photograph must match with your appearance on the day of the examination.
1. Please draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on an A4 white paper. Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
2. Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned by a professional using a scanner. Crop it to the border of the box.
3. Only JPEG image formats will be accepted.
4. The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560.
5. The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.
6. Photographs of the signatures taken using mobile phone are not acceptable, and can result in disqualification of the application without any refund of the fee.
GATE Preparation Tips GATE Books GATE Coaching Institutes