Below you will find Admission Requirements for Study in Australia, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Procedure for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programs. A lot of students are opting for studies in Australian Universities for both, the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The following post shall guide all such students regarding the admission procedure as well as the eligibility criteria for pursuing studies in the Australian Universities. As the universities and national policies keep on changing from time to time, the candidates are advised to be updated of the official notifications regarding the same.
Eligibility Requirements – UG Courses in Australia:
• The students that are pursuing the UG Courses in the Australian Universities are required to be first eligible for them. The Applications from the INELIGIBLE candidates will not be processed and the monetary expenses incurred in the process will not be refunded. Hence, the eligibility requirements are of ultimate importance.
• UG Admissions in Australia require the candidate to have completed the Senior Secondary Level of qualification. This means that the candidates must have completed the Class XII and have attained the age of 17 years prior the course commencement.
• Apart from that, all the reputed universities, as well as the TAFE institutes, will have a minimum score or cutoff. Above 60% marks is the minimum score requirement. This figure will vary for the high-level colleges as well as courses.
• Further, the candidates are required to submit the letter of recommendation as well as the admission essay which will also be evaluated for taking the final admission decision.
Apart from the above mentioned Eligibility Requirements for UG Admissions in Australia, the candidates are supposed to take and pass some standardized tests. Find the details below:
• The candidates are supposed to pass the tests of English Proficiency such as IELTS and TOEFL or other tests such as GMAT. The candidates are supposed to read the admission brochure of the universities for the tests which are accepted for admission in a particular course.
• IELTS is conducted by the British Council and the TOEFL is conducted by ETS.
• Some universities also have the clause as per which the TOEFL and IELTS requirement is waived off if the candidates are able to produce the letter of recommendation from the institution they have last attended. This letter should indicate that the candidate has been studying in English medium throughout and is proficient in it.
• Other requirements include the relevant work experience for admissions.
Eligibility Requirements – PG Courses in Australia:
• There are a lot of world class courses in the Australian universities and a lot of Universities feature regularly in the Top QS rankings. The main requirement is that the candidate must have completed their graduate course of at least 3 years from a recognized institute.
• A pass in the English Proficiency Tests such as TOEFL and IELTS etc. Some other universities also require passing the tests such as GMAT or GRE.
• The candidates will be required to submit a letter of recommendation, certificates of passing the Class X and XII as well as the essay of admission.
Admission Procedure – UG and PG Courses in Australia:
• The admission process will include applying for the university by obtaining forms either via Email, University Website, and University Representatives.
• The applications should be sent at least 12 months before the admission commencement. This duration may also vary for different courses and universities.
• The Statement of Purpose which is submitted along with the other documents will also play a major role in deciding the admissions, financial aid, and other important things.
• The Admission Procedure for PG Courses in Australia will also entail the submission of the Research Proposal for the research oriented programs. It will include the detailed research proposal as well as Abstracts and Research Publications etc.
Other Eligibility and Admission Requirements for UG and PG Courses in Australia can be found in the Course Specific official university brochures.
Why Study in Australia Student Visa Requirements for Study in Australia
Cost of Study and Living in Australia Scholarships for Studying in Australia
Top Universities in Australia