Below you will find Admission Requirements for Study in Germany, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Procedure for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programs. Germany is the dream destination for the international students to pursue the higher education. It offers the excellent opportunities to enhance the existing skills and knowledge. In order to take admission in the German Universities, it is required to meet all the Eligibility and Admission Requirements for UG and PG Courses in Germany. These requirements may vary as according to the chosen university or institution and therefore, the students are required to get updated with the official notification of these German Universities.
Eligibility Requirements – For UG Courses:
The Eligibility Requirements for the UG courses is illustrated here. Pursuing the Bachelor degree in Germany is an honor in itself. The student can pursue his Bachelor’s degree in the reputed German Universities only if he is meeting all the eligibility conditions which are mentioned below.
• UG Admissions in Germany requires 13 years of formal school education. This means that the students who have completed 12 years school education should take up one – year bridge program.
• After the one – year bridge program, the students must have to qualify the assessment test namely Feststellungsprufung, in order to seek admission in the UG courses in German Universities.
• The students who have completed two years of undergraduate study in their home country are exempted from the assessment test. But they must have to show the proficiency in the German language.
• It is obligatory to present the officially certified copies of the certificates from the school which comprises of the subjects and grades awarded with a certified copy of the translation.
• The proof of passing secondary school from the recognized institution through a leaving certificate is mandatory.
• TOEFL scores are required for the study programs that have English as their medium.
Exams for UG Courses:
There are various UG entrance examinations which are accepted by the German Universities. Description of these examinations is given here.
• IELTS - This examination is organized by the University of Cambridge. This examination is decided into four parts.
• TOEFL - This exam is conducted by educational testing services (ETS), USA to check the ability of the person to speak and understand the North – American English.
• TestDAF - This exam is conducted by the TestDAF institute of Germany to check the ability of the student to speak and understand the German language.
• DSH - DSH is the language proficiency test for the German language. It is university – specific examination conducted independently by the German Universities.
Eligibility Requirements – For PG Courses:
In order to apply for the PG courses in the German Universities, it is required to fulfill all the Eligibility Requirements for the PG Courses in Germany.
• There are several German Universities which are offering several PG courses. The main requirement of these universities that the candidate must have the Bachelor’s degree in the respected discipline.
• Some Universities require the student to clear the entrance examination. For Example, for the engineering courses, GRE Exam is compulsory and for management courses, GMAT exam is required. Some universities may conduct their own entrance examination.
• Chances of admission will be improved if the candidate has relevant work experience in the field of the further study.
• The proficiency in the German and English language is required for the respected PG courses.
Admission Procedure – For UG and PG Courses:-
German Universities are offering the world – class quality education to the students. The Admission Procedure for UG and PG Courses is mentioned here for the students.
• The student can draft an email or airmail to the selected University requesting the application form and procedure.
• Also, the candidate can get the application form by downloading the same from the official website of the University.
• Send the application form before the deadline along with the necessary documents.
• Generally, the closing date for the winter semester is in the month of July and for the summer semester is in the month of January. It may vary as according to the University or institution.
The brief details regarding the Eligibility and Admission Requirements for UG and PG Courses in Germany are illustrated in the post. Other details can be obtained from the university brochures.
Why Study in Germany Student Visa Requirements for Study in Germany
Cost for Studying and Living in Germany
Scholarships for Studying in Germany Top Universities in Germany