Soon after the completion of the entrance exam and the declaration of result, the official authority will organize the counseling procedure for the qualified students. It will be held as per the official schedule and the students need to attend the same as per the official dates. The BITSAT Counselling 2020 aims at imparting the final admission to the shortlisted students. Before the counseling procedure, the official authority will release the two lists i.e. admit and wait list.
Admit and Wait List:
• Before organizing the counseling procedure, the official authority will release these two lists. The description of the same is mentioned here.
List 1: Admit list:
• The admit list is expected to be available in the first week of July 2020.
• It lists only those candidates who have selected for the admission in the BITS.
• The shortlisted students will be called for the admission in the 1st iteration of BITSAT Selection Procedure 2020.
• The students can check the admit list here soon after its availability.
List 2: Wait List:
• The wait list constitutes the names of those students who have not been selected for the 1st iteration of counseling but will be called for admission if the seats remain vacant after completing the 1st iteration.
• As the name suggests, the students in this list will have to wait for the next iteration of counseling procedure.
• Soon after the declaration of these lists, the official authority will announce the counselling procedure for the shortlisted candidates.
• It is expected that the counseling will be organized in the month of July 2020. The exact dates will be updated here soon after any official announcement.
• It is the prime duty of the students to keep them updated with the official schedule of the BITSAT Counselling 2020.
• There are various stages which are associated with the counseling procedure. the complete explanation of the same is mentioned here for the students.
Stage 1: Admission Application/ Registration:
• This is the very first stage of the counseling process in which the qualified students need to register them.
• It should be noted by the students that if they fail to register them then they will not be allowed to participate in the counseling iterations.
• While registration, the candidates need to fill the genuine details as this will be used throughout the admission procedure
• Also, the candidates will have to fill the preferences to the degree programs. It should be done very carefully as these will be considered at the time of seat allotment.
Stage 2: Seat Allotment and payment of fee:
• After the first stage of the BITSAT 2020
Counselling, the result will be announced for the 1st iteration of the counseling procedure.
• The students whose names are involved in the admit list will get the seat as per their rank in the merit list, their preferences and the availability of seats.
• Soon after the seat allotment, the candidates need to verify their documents and pay the seat acceptance fee.
What Comes Next?
• If the seats remain vacant after the 1st iteration of counseling then the official authority will organize the 2nd iteration in which the students of wait list will be called.
• Thereafter, by following the same procedure, the seats will be allotted in the second round of counseling.
Direct admission to the Board toppers:
• The direct admission shall be provided to all the board toppers who obtained the first rank in the board examination.
• This is basically for the meritorious applicants from all over the country.
• First rank students of all the state and central board shall be provided direct admission in the program of their choice irrespective of their marks in the entrance examination.