Common admission test popularly known as CAT is one of the famous and reputed entrance exams in India. This is the national level entrance exam which aims at offering admission to the various management courses. The scores of this reputed exam are accepted by almost all the top ranking business schools in the country. Soon after the declaration of the result, the CAT Counselling 2018 will be organized by different IIMs. This counseling will be held in order to provide the final enrollment to the students.
CAT Counselling 2018 - Stages of Counselling:-
• The counselling will be held as per the official schedule of the Indian institute of management. The students need to get updated with the official dates.
• There are several stages which are associated with the counselling procedure. The description of these stages is published here.
• Stage 1: Registration
The first stage of the CAT
Counselling 2018 is the registration process. The students need to register them so as to attend the counselling procedure.
• Stage 2: Choice filling and locking:
After the successful registration, the students need to fill the choices regarding their preferred courses. No modification can be made once after locking the choices.
• Stage 3: Seat Allotment:
This is the final stage of the counselling. The seats will be allotted to the students as according to their rank, choices filled by them and the availability of seats.
CAT 2018 Selection Procedure - Detailed Description:-
• The Indian institute of management will offer the admission to the qualified students on the basis of their own selection procedure.
• The criteria for shortlisting the students may vary from one IIM to another.
• Each IIM will send the interview letters to the shortlisted students directly.
• It is to be noted that each IIM shortlists the students for the 2nd stage of admission or selection which may be independent of each other.
• The CAT Selection Procedure 2018 comprises of written ability test, group discussion (GD) and the personal interview round (PI).
• Performance in the common admission test (CAT) is the important component in the admission process.
• It may be possible that the IIM will also use the additional factors such as the previous academic performance of the students, relevant work experience, other similar inputs for the short listing and ranking of the students at the various stages of admission.
• First of all, the IIM will organize the written ability test and group discussion round. Both are the elimination rounds which demarcate the students for the personal interview round. In order to qualify these rounds of selection, the students need to prepare in advance. The communication skills of the students play the vital role in qualifying the group discussion round.
• If the student will be selected for the personal interview round then he or she must comply with the following eligibility verifications.
• Mark sheets and degree certificates:
The student must have to show all the mark sheets and degree certificates and submit attested copies to confirm his or her eligibility at the time of interview.
• Reservation category requirements:
If the students shortlisted for the interview then, the reserved category students will have to present their community certificate and submit the photocopy of the same at the time of interview as per the CAT Selection Procedure 2018.
• Candidates in the final year of graduation:
If the student shortlisted for the interview round by IIM and he is appearing in the final year of the graduation then he must show an original certificate from the prinicipal. The students must have to submit the attested copies of certificate at the time of the interview.
• The deadline for the submission of the essential documents is 31 December 2018. Non – fulfillment of this condition will automatically result cancel the provisional admission.