The cutoff for the exam is expected to be released along with the declaration of the result. CAT is known as the most reputed entrance examinations of the country. The official authority will announce the cutoff in the online mode. It will be available here soon after its official release. The students can get the complete details regarding the Cutoff of CAT 2018 such as its definition, affecting factors, the purpose of its releasing by going through the post.
• This exam serves as the pre – requisite entrance examination which is organized to offer admission to the management courses.
• This exam is scheduled to be organized on 4 December 2016. It will be held in the two sessions.
• This common admission test will be hosted by the Indian Institute of management and selects the most deserving students for the admission.
• Being the national and reputed entrance exam, it requires the vibrant and dynamic preparation.
About the Cutoff:-
• The cutoff is defined as the lowest possible marks which are obligatory for the students to score in the entrance examination.
• These scores are needed to obtain by the students so as to become eligible for the next round of admission.
• It is quite obvious that the cutoff is determined by analyzing the various aspects. These factors can greatly influence the cutoff marks by making it as high or as low.
• Only due to these factors, the CAT Cutoff 2018 marks are totally unpredictable.
• Not all, but some of them are mentioned here:
Hardness level of the exam
Number of seats available
Previous year trends in the cutoff
Number of exam takers
Highest score in the exam etc
• It is quite obvious that the number of participating students is much more than the seats available in the IIMs. Therefore, the official authority will have to use some of the selection procedure so as to select the most appropriate students for the admission. Thus, the need of the CAT Cutoff 2018 arises.
• The merit list of the exam will be prepared by keeping only those candidates in it that have secured marks more than or up to the cutoff marks.
Previous Year Stats:-
• The cutoff will be published soon and will be available here soon after its official release. Till then, the students can check the previous year cutoff marks.
Institute - Cutoff 2015 (expected)
DMS, Delhi - 98+ percentile
SJMSOM, Bombay - 99+ percentile
IMT, Ghaziabad - 90+ percentile
LIBA, Chennai - 90+ percentile
XIMB, Bhubaneswar - 90+ percentile
MDI, Gurgaon - 95+ percentile