Below you will find CMAT 2020 Counselling. After the declaration of the result and cutoff, the participating institutes will conduct the counselling for the qualified students. Those students who have scored more than the cutoff marks and have their names in the merit list will be called for the counseling procedure and seat allotment rounds. The dates of the counseling process vary owing to the difference in the official schedule of the participating institutes.
About the Exam:-
• CMAT is national level management entrance examination conducted by AICTE probably in the month of January 2020.
• This exam is organized so as to offer the admission to the postgraduate management courses in the reputed business schools of the country.
• The scores of this exam are only valid for the admission in the current year.
CMAT 2020 Counselling – Stages of Counseling:
• After the announcement of the result and merit list, the students will have to apply for the final admission in the AICTE approved colleges. The detailed description of the various stages which are involved in the counselling is mentioned here.
• Stage 1: Online Registration: First of all, the students will have to register them for the counseling process. Unless the candidate is registered, he or she cannot participate in the seat selection round. While registering, the students will have to pay the registration fee (amount varies as according to the institute).
• Step 2: Choice Filling and locking: Next step of the CMAT Counselling 2020 is the filling of choices. In this step, the candidates will have to enter their choices and lock the same. No alterations will be done in the choices once after locking them.
• Step 3: Seat Allotment: Next is the seat allotment round. The students will get the seats as per their rank in the merit list, their preferences for the courses and the availability of seats at that rank. A candidate with better rank will get an opportunity to select the seat and the students who have the ranks next of him cannot think of bypassing that candidate.
The students should bring the important document at the time of the counselling. These documents will be needed in the document verification round. The list of important documents is given here for the students
• Mark sheet of 10th and 12th class
• Mark sheet of all semesters of the degree course
• Admit card of the exam
• Scorecard of the exam
• 5 passport size color photographs
• Caste certificates in the case of reserved category students
• Identity certificate
• Candidate’s domicile
CMAT Selection Procedure 2020:
• It is obvious that the selection procedure varies as according to the participating institutes. The different management institute has different selection criteria for selecting the students for the final admission.
• After the test, the qualified students will have to undergo the two main steps of the selection. The detailed description of the selection procedure is mentioned here for the students.
• Step 1: Group Discussion: The first step of the CMAT Selection Procedure 2020 is the group discussion round. It is basically an elimination round in which the multiple students are eliminated. For this round, the students should get updated with the current topics and must have the good communication skills. Only those students who will qualify this round are eligible for the next step of the admission procedure.
• Step 2: Personal Interview/ Written ability test: The students who have qualified the group discussion round will be then called for the personal interview round. It may be possible that instead of the personal interview, some institutes will organize written ability test for the students as per the Selection Procedure of CMAT 2020.