The Cutoff will be released after the declaration of the result. The official authority i.e. AICTE will release the cutoff marks so as to separate the creamy layer of the deserving students. It will be released at each and every level of the admission. Before proceeding further towards the CMAT Cutoff, it is necessary for the students to know a bit more about the cutoff such as its definition, its purpose, its type and the factors influencing the same.
About the Exam:
• CMAT is the national level management admission test which is generally scheduled in the month of January every year.
• It is considered as the most deemed management entrance exams. The scores of this exam are accepted by approximately each and every management institute.
• Common management admission test i.e. CMAT is organized by reputed All India Council of technical education.
About the Cutoff:
• The Cutoff is a benchmark and termed as the lowest marks which the students should obtain the entrance exam. Only those students who have scored more than or up to the cutoff marks will be considered as eligible for the next round of admission.
• The CMAT Cutoff 2020 will be released by the official exam body in the terms of marks or rank as per the requirement of the entrance exam.
• Also, the cutoff will be issued at each and every level of admission and the students need to satisfy the same so as to appear in the particular level of admission.
• It is important for the students to know the basic purpose of the cutoff marks. The need to the cutoff arises to demarcate the number of students in the counseling round.
• Basically, the cutoff is used to prepare the merit list for the qualified students.
The cutoff for the exam basically depends on some of the influential factors which are given here:
• Difficulty level of the exam
• Lowest and average scores in the exam
• Number of exam takers
• Previous year cutoff trends
• Availability of seats
• Performance of the students
• Marking scheme
Previous Year Stats:
• It is important to know the previous year stats so as to get the fair idea regarding the upcoming cutoff marks.
• The CMAT Cutoff 2020 will be released soon till then the students can check the previous year cutoff stats which are described here.
For the year 2016:
Institute - Percentile and score
Goa Institute of Management - 99.85 percentile (260)
XISS Ranchi - 95 percentile (199)
WE School Mumbai - 99.06 percentile (244)
MET institute of Management - 97.27 percentile (218)
Singhad Institute Mumbai - 200
LBSIM Bareilly - 160
Doon Business School, Dehradun 160