The cutoff is termed as the lowest possible marks which the students will have to score in the common admission test (CAT). It will be issued by the exam official body i.e. Cochin University along with the result of the exam. The CUSAT CAT Cutoff 2018 will be published in the online mode and the students can check the same here soon after its official announcement.
About the Exam:-
• CUSAT CAT is one of the reputed and renowned examinations in the country which is conducted by the Cochin University.
• This exam is organized usually in the month of April every year.
• The exam aims at offering admission to the deserving candidates in the offered courses.
• Being the tough and reputed examinations, it requires the consistent preparation from the candidates.
About the Cutoff:-
• The cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks which the students will be to obtain in the entrance exam so as to join the further levels of admission.
• This cutoff shall be determined by considering the various factors and hence, this is unquestionable under any circumstance.
• Only those students will be treated as qualified who will score more than or up to the CUSAT CAT 2018
• The merit list will be prepared by keeping those candidates who have crossed this benchmark.
• The cutoff will be announced either in the form of marks or rank or both as per the requirement.
• As the large number of students take this entrance exam and, therefore, the official authority will use the cutoff as the selection criteria for the students.
• There are several parameters which are taken into consideration while releasing the cutoff marks.
• These factors can completely change the game by making the cutoff as high or as low and, therefore, they are also known as the game changer elements.
• Not all, some of the affecting parameters are listed here:
Last year cutoff trends
Complexity level of the exam
Performance of the students in the exam
Types of Cutoff:
• After the entrance exam, the unofficial sources such as education experts and educational portal will release the expected cutoff.
• This is just issued to ease the worries of the students.
• It is advisable to use the same as just reference.
• The official authority will publish the actual cutoff for the students along with the result.
• Based on this cutoff, the students will be selected for the next round of admission.