Given below are the details on Calcutta University BEd Admission 2020-22 with its notification, eligibility criteria and requirements. Calcutta University accepts admission applications from eligible and interested applications for Calcutta University B.Ed Admission for the calender year. This Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course offered by CU focusses at understanding and developing the knowledge and skills required for practising teachers at secondary school level. This two year course focusses on effective teaching-learning process.
The following Method Subjects ( total no. of seat is mentioned in the bracket ) are offered from this Department, University of Calcutta, duly approved by the University authority.
1. Bengali, 2. English, 3. Sanskrit, 4. Mathematics, 5. History, 6. Geography, 7. Economics , 8. Accountancy and Book Keeping, 9. Education, 10. Political Science, 11. Hindi, 12. Urdu, 13. Arabic.
Total No. of Seat : 50 ( Deputed – 25 ; Fresher – 25 . )
Admission Criteria for B.Ed. Course 2020-22:-
1. Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Humanities/ Social Science,Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent there to are eligible for admission to the programme. Requirement of 50% (fifty) marks shall not apply for persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the NCTE, (Regulations, Norms & Procedure) Second Amendment Regulations, 2010 as laid down at para 8(i) of the aforesaid Gazette.
The relaxation of marks for SC/ST/PWD is 5%.
2. Reservation of seats for B.Ed admission (only for fresher category)
i) Calcutta University - 80%
ii) Other University (OU) - 20%
3. Reservation of Seats for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Person with Disability(PWD) will be as follows:
i)Scheduled Caste - 22%
ii)Scheduled Tribe - 6%
iii)PWD - 3%
4. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe from other states will not get the reservation facility for SC/ST.
For fresher students (General Category) - 40 years (as on 30th June.)
For Deputed Students (General Category) - NO age bar.
Age limit is relaxable for maximum 5(five) years for students belonging to SC, ST and PWD categories.
Calcutta University BEd Admission 2020-22 Application Form -
Apply online at website - https://www.caluniv-ucsta.net/bed/phpfiles/main.php
Upload Scanned Photo (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) in jpg / jpeg format and size < 50 KB.
Application fee (Rs. 300/- for General & 150/- for SC/ST/PWD) to be made through BillDesk Payment Geteway
Calcutta University BEd Admission 2020 Notification:-
Apply online at website - http://www.caluniv-ucsta.net/bed/phpfiles/main.php
Submission of online application commences on : 11.06.2019
Last date of online application submission : 18.06.2019
ast date of payment : 19.06.2019
Provisional merit list will be published on 24.06.2019 in website after 5 p.m.
Provisional merit list of short listed candidates will be published on 28.06.2019 in website after 5 p.m.
Submission of printed copy of application form with e-receipt of payment at Alipore Campus, University of Calcutta from 01.07.2019 to 03.07.2019 (12noon to 3p.m. short listed candidates only)
Date of counseling and admission(spot) for Deputed 08.07.2019 and Freshers candidates 11.07.2019 (candidates are requested to report along all original testimonials at Alipore Campus, University of Calcutta on 11:30 a.m.