Bombay Teacher's Training College is an institute, which offers quality education to those students who want to become teacher of professor in their distant future. It was established in the year 2003. The college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education.
The institute offers one year full time course of B.Ed (Bachelor of Education). The course comprises of part 1 and part 2. Both the parts contain theory as well as Practical sessions. Over the years, the college has produced highly qualified and highly challengeable teachers meant for the proper nurturing of society.
The admission procedure is centralized and is conducted by the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Maharashtra. The aspiring candidates have to appear in the CET test and undergo the procedure of admission conducted by the Directorate. The college is an aided-minority institution, and 50% of the 100 seats in the B.Ed. course are reserved for Sindhi minority candidates. Sindhi candidates must also appear for the CET just as regular candidates. Sindhi candidates may contact the college office for application forms and more information.
1. Graduates from any Recognized University, Agricultural University, Open University, and Deemed University in; Arts, Science, Commerce, Home Science, Agriculture Science are eligible to appear for C.E.T.
2. Along with the graduates, the candidates appearing for degree examinations of March/April of the academic year from any Recognized University, Agricultural University, Open University, and Deemed University in; Arts, Science, Commerce, Home Science, Agriculture Science are eligible to appear for C.E.T.
3. Candidates belonging to open and Reserve category must secure at least 18 and 15 marks in C.E.T.
4. Candidates having equivalent Degrees of other universities are not eligible for B.Ed. Admission. E.g. Sanskrit – Shastri Degree, Hindi – Sahitya Sudhakar etc.
5. For applicants of Open category, Other Backward Class (OBC), and Special Backward Class (SBC) category minimum 45% in degree examination. For applicants of Scheduled Caste category minimum 40% in degree examination. If any University has semester pattern then average percentage of marks for both the semesters should be considered.
Bombay Teacher's Training College is located in the southern part of Mumbai. It is a step away the Jehangir Art Gallery. The institute has been accorded with modern infrastructure facilities that include LCD projection in each class room. The college has a separate Psychology Laboratory that has all the tests and the required equipments for conducting psychology experiments included in the B.Ed. syllabus.
Mahakavi Bhushan Rd,
Ph :+91 22 2204 7160