The Institute of Engineering & Management (IEM) is the oldest engineering and management school located in the state of West Bengal. It is the first successful venture of the IEM Group. Founded in the year 1989, the institute strives to provide an international ambiance and exposure with innovative teaching techniques and courses which are made for the job market giving the students the winning edge and competitive advantage during placements.
For admission in B. Tech., candidate must qualify 10+2 Examination in Science stream. Selections are done through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) and JEE(Mains). Institute also have NRI & Foreign Student quota.
For admission to MBA and PGDM, candidate must be a graduate. Admissions are done through Common Admission Test (CAT) and JEMAT.
Courses available in the Institute are:
• Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
• Bachelor of Technology (Computer Science & Engineering)
• Bachelor of Technology (Information Technology)
• Bachelor of Technology (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
• Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
• Master of Business Administration
• Master of Technology (Computer Science & Engineering)
• Master of Technology (Information Technology)
• Master of Technology (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
• Master of Computer Applications
• Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
Exams: CAT, JEMAT, WBJEE and JEE (Mains).
Institute's Wi-Fi enabled campus house a large auditorium, a cafeteria, a parking lot and a playground. Some of the well-known business organizations, hospitals, shopping malls, eateries and theatres are located in the vicinity, thus making the campus easily accessible and well connected to the city. It operates its own bus services which can be availed by students, faculty and Staff. Hostel facilities are also available within and outside the campus area and they have their own psychiatrist/Counselor, an in-house physician and an ambulance to tackle the emergencies.
The educational school has one of the strongest Placement Cells in the country. Right from its inception, IEM have provided for 1 to 2 jobs on an average for all its students. About 2000-3000 alumni are successfully working in leading MNCs all across the globe while many are pursuing their higher studies in World’s top Universities.
GN-34/2, Ashram Building,
Opposite to Nalban,
Next to Cognizant Technology Solutions Private Ltd,
Near SDF Building, Sector – V,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700091.
Tel: 033 2357 2995