Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is considered as among the best medical institutes in Karnataka that was established in the year 1980. It was founded by the Vokkaligara Sangh. The college is known for imparting various under graduate and post graduate degree courses in different medical disciplines. It is recognized by the Medical Council of India and is affiliated to the Bangalore University.
The college offers the 4-1/2 year MBBS course. It also conducts three years post graduate programs in different branches of medical sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Pediatrics, Dermatology and many more.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION : -
1.The candidates should have passed the two years P.U.C examination conducted by the P.U Education Board, Karnataka State, with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as optional subjects; or any other examination recognised as equivalent to it by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. OR The candidates should have passed the B.Sc examination of Bangalore University or any other statutory University provided he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than three of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology.
2. The Candidates should have secured not less than 50% of the total marks in Science subjects taken altogether at the qualifying examination & CET/COMED-K. However the OBC-3A category and SC/ST students of Karnataka are required to secure 40% of the total marks.
3. The Candidate should have completed seventeen years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
CET Seats Rs.46,000/- (per annum)
Comed-K Seats Rs.3,57,500/- (per annum)
POST-GRADUATE COURSES :-
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
1. The candidates should have passed the M.B.B.S degree examination from a recognised Medical College affiliated to any university recognised by the MCI
2. The Candidates should have completed one year of Compulsory Rotating Internship in a teaching institution recognised by the MCI.
3. The Candidates should have registered their M.B.B.S degree with the respective State Medical Council.
4. Selection of candidates for postgraduate degree / diploma courses shall be on merit basis of the rank list of the entrance examinations - PGET conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences & COMED-K
The institute is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. The college has two campuses. The hospital and clinical departments are on the VV Puram campus while the pre-clinical and para-clinical departments are on the Banashankari campus. Transport between the campuses is provided. The college has a fully equipped health club with a 10 station multi-gym, two treadmills and steppers and a trained instructor. Indoor games like chess, carrom and table tennis are available.
Banashankari Stage II,
Ph : 080 26712790