The National Institute of Design (NID) is internationally acclaimed as one of the foremost multi-disciplinary institutions in the field of design education and research and functions as an autonomous body under the department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
NID offers professional education programmes at Undergraduate and Post Graduate level with five faculty streams and 18 diverse design domains. Number of seats in the Graduate Diploma Programme is projected to be 100 and for the Post-Graduate Diploma Programme it is 245. The Business Week, USA has listed NID as one of the top 25 European & Asian programmes in the world.
The Professional Education at NID has both UG and PG Programmes - Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD) of four years duration for students after 10+2 or equivalent like AISSCE/ IB/ ISC and the Post-Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (PGDPD) of 2 ½ years duration for graduates from various domains specific to each discipline.
Applicants willing to seek admission in NID can apply through online or offline process. Application forms are available on the official website of the institute.
Following are the eligibility criteria of various programmes for PGDPD:
• Product Design (2½ years): Degree in Design, Engineering, Technology or Architecture, OR Diploma in Design (under 10+2+4yr)
• Furniture & Interior Design (2½ years): Degree in Design, Engineering, Technology or Architecture, OR Diploma in Interior Design or Craft Design (under 10+2+4yr)
• Ceramic & Glass Design (2½ years): Degree in Design, Fine Arts, Engineering, Technology, Architecture or Interior Design, OR Diploma in Design (under 10+2+4yr)
• Graphic Design (2½ years): Degree in any discipline, OR Diploma in Design (under 10+2+4yr)
• Animation Film Design (2½ years): Degree in any discipline, OR Diploma in Design (under 10+2+4yr)
• Film & Video Communication (2½ years): Degree in any discipline, OR Diploma in Design (under 10+2+4yr)
• Textile Design (2½ years): Degree in Design (Textiles/Fashion/Accessory/Knitwear/Interior), Fine Arts or Architecture, OR Diploma in Handloom Technology/Textile Technology (under 10+2+3yr/4yr)
Registration fees is Rs. 1500/-
NID (National Institute of Design) is located in the city of Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The institute has been equipped with modern infrastructure facilities that include well furnished class rooms and libraries.
NID organizes an annual event for industry interface known as Placement Week. NID graduates can meet and interact with recruiters, showcase their work, and be interviewed, leading to final placement offer. NID Placement Office bridges gap between industry and academia providing platform to students to interact with industries / NGOs / educational institutes/ craft sectors.
• Toshiba, Japan
• Cognizant Technology Solutions
• GE Healthcare
• Nalli Textiles
• Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
• Glaxosmithkline Consumer Healthcare Ltd.
• Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd.
• Godrej Industries
• Titan Industries
• Honda R&D (India) Pvt. Ltd.
• Honeywell Technology Solutions, Bangalore
• IBM India Research Lab
Average salary offered is 6.5 L p.a. and highest salary offered is 11.07 L p.a.
Pin - 380007,
Ph : 079 2662 3695