Karnataka Examinations Authority conducts Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to the First year or First semester Engineering, Technology, Farm Science courses [i,e., Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B,V,Sc, & A.H.), B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture, B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture, B.Sc (Hons) Forestry, B.Tech (Bio Technology), B.Sc.(Hons) Community Science, B,Tech (Agricultural Engineering), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.F,Sc (Fisheries), B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op),1 and B.Pharm & Pharm-D courses.
For admission to Medical and Dental courses candidates have to appear for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by CBSE.
For admission to Architecture courses candidates have to appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture.
KCET Registration / Application Form
KCET 2020 Application Form / Registration:-
Apply online at website - http://kea.kar.nic.in from 5th February 2020 to 2nd March 2020 up to 5.30 pm.
KCET 2020 Syllabus:-
The syllabus for the KCET 2020 Exam has been given below.
Unit - Concept - Weightage
I Physical World & Measurement 03
II Kinematics 10
III Laws of Motion 10
IV Work, Energy & Power 06
V Motion of System of particles & Rigid Body 06
VI Gravitation 05
VII Properties of Bulk Matter 10
VIII Thermodynamics 05
IX Behaviour of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory of gases 05
X Oscillations & Waves 10
XI Practical Oriented questions
Unit - Concept - Weightage
I Some Basic concepts of Chemistry 03
II Structure of Atom 06
III Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties 04
IV Chemical Bonding and molecular Structure 05
V States of Matter: Gases and Liquids 04
VI Thermodynamics 06
VII Equilibrium 06
VIII Redox Reactions 03
IX Hydrogen 03
X S-Block Elements 05
XI Some p-Block Elements 07
XII Organic Chemistry: some basic Principles andTechniques 07
XIII Hyrocarbons 08
XIV Evironmental Chemistry 03
XV Practical Oriented Questions 20
Unit - Concept - Weightage
I Sets and Function 29
II Algebra 37
III Coordinate Geometry 13
IV Calculus 06
V Mathematical Reasoning 03
VI Statistics and Probability 02
KCET 2020 Pattern:-
The Common Entrance Test will be held on TWO days in FOUR different sessions for four subjects. On the first day, test will be conducted for Biology and Mathematics subjects in two sessions and on the next day test will be conducted for Physics and Chemistry subjects in two sessions as per the date and time notified. Each paper / subject will be conducted for 60 marks each with a duration of 80 minutes.
Each question paper will be of Multiple Choice Questions (Objective) type. The question paper in each subject will have different versions and each question will have four different options. Each question will carry ONE mark. The candidate is expected to attempt all the questions, in order to obtain maximum marks. In other words, there is no choice of questions. THERE WILL BE NO NEGATIVE EVALUATION WITH REGARD TO WRONG / INCORRECT ANSWERS BUT MARKS WILL NOT BE AWARDED IN RESPECT OF MULTIPLE ANSWERS for the same question. The version code of the question paper will be boldly printed on facing sheet of the question paper.
The version code of the question papers given to a student may be different OR may be the same for different sessions.
KCET 2020 Preparation Tips:-
The KCET 2020 Exam shall be held in May 2020. For all the candidates who shall be participating in this exam, they must prepare for the exam really well if they wish to be selected for this. For helping the candidates speed up their preparation regime, we have provided below a set of helpful KCET 2020 Exam preparation tips to help candidates get through the study period easily. Candidates must read them below and must try implementing them in real.
• Give ample time to study: This is a very obvious tip for the candidates who wish to succeed. Candidates must make it a point to give in at least 4-5 hours of study time to every subject involved. Self study is very important to crack these exams and candidates must invest the right amount of time as and when required.
• Practice more: Practicing the exercised based on the topics prepared and solving additional sample papers can strengthen up the candidate’s flexibility for solving the questions. Candidates can download various papers and questions available on the internet and solve them periodically to take their preparation to another level.
• Give importance to weak areas: candidates must essentially look for the areas or the topics in which they lack understanding and clarity. Candidates must give extra time to these topics and get them prepared for the exam.
• Make a routine: Planning for certain things increases their probability of happening. Candidates must plan in advance for the topics they shall be targeting on a specific day and must work towards it with spirit to complete it. This maintains a flow and the candidates shall be able to complete the whole syllabus on time and with greater clarity.
KCET 2020 Exam Colleges
These are numerous colleges that shall be participating in the admission process of the KCET 2020 Exam. These include the engineering colleges that shall be participating this exam. The list of all the colleges participating in this exam is given below.
• P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
• B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
• Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
• MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
• Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
• RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
• JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
• Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
• National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
• BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
KCET 2020 Notification:-
Apply online at website - http://kea.kar.nic.in from 5th February 2020 to 2nd March 2020 up to 5.30 pm
Download Admission Ticket from 10th April 2020 from 11.00 a.m.
KCET 2020 Date -
22nd April 2020, Wednesday
Biology - 10.30 am – 11.50 am
Mathematics - 02.30 pm – 03.50 pm
23rd April 2020, Thursday
Physics - 10.30 am – 11.50 am
Chemistry - 02.30 pm – 03.50 pm
Kannada language Test: (ONLY for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates) - 24th April 2020, Friday - 11.30 am to 12.30 pm.