The Karnataka CET is known as the Karnataka Common Entrance Test which is yearly organised by the KEA i.e. the Karnataka Examination Authority. The KCET Exam is conducted in the month of May 2020 probably in the 2nd week. However, the official notification for the exam shall be released in the end of January 2020. This exam is usually conducted for the candidates who wish to get enrolled in the undergraduate programs of engineering in the colleges of Karnataka. In order to participate in the exam, candidates shall have to fill the application form for the exam.
Karnataka CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:-
The eligibility criteria of the KCET 2020 Exam is defined and laid down by the KEA. These are the necessary rules and conditions that are necessarily required to be fulfilled by the participating candidates in order to be eligible for the exam. The eligibility conditions are given as follows.
• The candidate must have passed the 12th class qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects.
• Apart from the physics and mathematics as the compulsory subjects, the other one may be chemistry/biology/electronics/computer science/bio-technology which may be included as the optional subjects.
• The minimum pass percentage required for the candidates of general category is 45% and for the candidates of SC/ST/OBC category is 40%.
Karnataka CET 2020 Admission Procedure:-
The complete admission procedure for the candidates participating in this exam is given as follows. Candidates involved in this exam can make use of the information given below.
• First of all, candidates shall be required to fill the application form which shall be made available for filling in the month of January 2020.
• The last date to fill the application form is March 2020. No application form received after this shall be entertained.
• For the application process, the candidates must first submit a KEA copy of bank challan to their colleges.
• On the official site, candidates are to upload their necessary documents and fill all the necessary details.
• After filling the complete KCET 2020 Exam application form, candidates must submit the form to the principal of their college or school.
• The admit cards shall be released in the month of April 2020 which they shall be required to obtain from the principal of the respective college or school.
• The final written exam shall then be held in the month of May 2020.
• The result shall be announced in the month of June 2020 which would decide which candidates have or have not qualified the KCET 2020 Exam.
• The final admission process will be bought to halt by the counselling process which shall also be held in the month of June 2020. Candidates shall be allotted seats during the counselling procedure.
Karnataka CET 2020 Colleges:-
These are numerous colleges that shall be participating in the admission process of the KCET 2020 Exam. These include the engineering colleges that shall be participating this exam. The list of all the colleges participating in this exam is given below.
• P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
• B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
• Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
• MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
• Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
• RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
• JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
• Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
• National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
• BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
Karnataka CET Registration / Application Form
Karnataka CET 2020 Application Form / Registration:-
The candidates who shall be participating in the KCET 2020 Exam shall have to apply for the exam. In order to apply for the exam, the candidates shall be required to fill the complete application form and submit it before the last date. The application forms shall be made available for filling in the month of January 2020. The last date to submit will be March 2020. The application form procedure is given as follows.
• The first step is to submit a KEA copy of bank challan to their college or school.
• Candidates shall then be required to upload their documents needed and fill out all the necessary information as required for the submitting of KCET 2020 Exam application form.
• After filling the complete application form, candidates shall be required to submit the form to the principal of their college or school.
• Candidates shall then be required to take their admit cards from the same principal when it will be released.
• The application form fee for the candidates belonging to the general category is Rs. 650 and for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBS categories is Rs.500.
Karnataka CET Exam Dates
Karnataka CET 2020 Date:-
Karnataka CET 2020 Result:-
The result for the KCET 2020 Exam shall be released in the month of June 2020. The result shall show the candidates who have passed the examination and can appear for the counselling round. The result shall be uploaded on the official website. Candidates shall be required to check their result from there. The candidates who successfully qualify the written exam phase shall be included in the result.
Karnataka CET Syllabus
Karnataka CET 2020 Syllabus:-
The syllabus for the KCET 2020 Exam has been given below.
Unit - Concept - Weightage
I Physical World & Measurement - 03
II Kinematics - 10
III Laws of Motion - 10
IV Work, Energy & Power - 06
V Motion of System of particles & Rigid Body - 06
VI Gravitation - 05
VII Properties of Bulk Matter - 10
VIII Thermodynamics - 05
IX Behaviour of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory of gases - 05
X Oscillations & Waves - 10
XI Practical Oriented questions
Total - 80
Unit - Concept - Weightage
I Some Basic concepts of Chemistry - 03
II Structure of Atom - 06
III Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties - 04
IV Chemical Bonding and molecular Structure - 05
V States of Matter: Gases and Liquids - 04
VI Thermodynamics - 06
VII Equilibrium - 06
VII Redox Reactions - 03
IX Hydrogen - 03
X S-Block Elements - 05
XI Some p-Block Elements - 07
XII Organic Chemistry: some basic Principles andTechniques - 07
XIII Hyrocarbons - 08
XIV Evironmental Chemistry - 03
XV Practical Oriented Questions - 20
Total - 80
Unit - Concept - Weightage
I Sets and Function - 29
II Algebra - 37
III Coordinate Geometry - 13
IV Calculus - 06
V Mathematical Reasoning - 03
VI Statistics and Probability - 02
Karnataka CET 2020 Pattern:-
The exam pattern mainly depicts the basic information of the exam paper. The KCET 2020 Exam pattern has been discussed below.
• The total number of question in the exam paper shall be 60.
• The questions shall carry 1 mark each.
• The questions will be objective type questions.
• The questions shall be asked from the subjects named physics, chemistry and mathematics only.
• No negative marking is imposed.
Karnataka CET Preparation
Karnataka CET 2020 Preparation Tips:-
The KCET 2020 Exam shall be held in May 2020. For all the candidates who shall be participating in this exam, they must prepare for the exam really well if they wish to be selected for this. For helping the candidates speed up their preparation regime, we have provided below a set of helpful KCET 2020 Exam preparation tips to help candidates get through the study period easily. Candidates must read them below and must try implementing them in real.
• Give ample time to study: This is a very obvious tip for the candidates who wish to succeed. Candidates must make it a point to give in at least 4-5 hours of study time to every subject involved. Self study is very important to crack these exams and candidates must invest the right amount of time as and when required.
• Practice more: Practicing the exercised based on the topics prepared and solving additional sample papers can strengthen up the candidate’s flexibility for solving the questions. Candidates can download various papers and questions available on the internet and solve them periodically to take their preparation to another level.
• Give importance to weak areas: candidates must essentially look for the areas or the topics in which they lack understanding and clarity. Candidates must give extra time to these topics and get them prepared for the exam.
• Make a routine: Planning for certain things increases their probability of happening. Candidates must plan in advance for the topics they shall be targeting on a specific day and must work towards it with spirit to complete it. This maintains a flow and the candidates shall be able to complete the whole syllabus on time and with greater clarity.
Karnataka CET Notification
Karnataka CET 2020 Notification:-