The name Symbiosis is best defined as "Excellence." It is a preferred destination for students who simply desire to excel. One of the prime reasons for its excellence is the quality of students admitted to its institutes every year by means of its common entrance assesment. This page is dedicated to providing you all the information you may need about Symbiosis SET 2021.
Symbiosis SET is a joint common entrance test conducted for undergraduate admission at institutes of Symbiosis International University. This entrance exam is a sheer test of intelligence and speed and is mandatory written test for admission to undergraduate programmes of law,engineering,health sciences and design in following Symbiosis institutes namely:
Symbiosis Law School, Pune
Symbiosis Law School, Noida
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad
Symbiosis Institute of Design
Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Noida
Symbiosis Center for Media & Communication
Symbiosis School of Economics
Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts
Symbiosis School of Culinaary Arts
Symbiosis Institute of Technology
The Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) also admits students through JEE Mains/MSCET conducted at the national level.
Symbiosis SET 2021 Eligibility:-
B.A., / B.B.A. L.L.B
:- The candidate must have passed XII (10+2) examination from any recognized Board with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for S.C. /S.T. candidates). Students who have appeared for their Standard XII final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate at the time of the final admission.
BBA (IT), BCA
- XII standard examination pass from any stream or equivalent diploma in Engineering / Technology with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC / ST category candidates).
1. Passed XII or equivalent course in any discipline from any recognized Board/ Council/ University with minimum 50% marks for general (open) category and 45% marks for students of SC and ST category.
2. Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test (PI WAT) of Institute.
BSc Medical Technology
- Std. XII Pass with any two of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Mathematics OR equivalent as decided by competent authority.
Bachelor of Design (B. Des) -
A candidate must have passed 10+2 (any stream Science, Commerce, Arts, etc.) or equivalent OR 10+3 diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education with minimum 50% aggregate marks obtained in the final examination to be eligible for the abovementioned program. A candidate appearing for the final examination of 10+2 grade or 10+3 Diploma program may also apply provided the results of the examination should have been declared by June of the admission year or prior to be eligible for the above mentioned program.
Desirable: The candidate should possess creative aptitude and the necessary skills to pursue Design Education as well as adaptability to new situations, which the profession demands. Candidates with the relevant portfolio would be preferred.
BA Mass Communication
- Students having completed 10+2 (or 10+3 Diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education) in any discipline from any recognised Board / Council / University with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) aggregate marks, or equivalent grades, are eligible to seek admission. Applicants expecting their 12th results may also apply. It is incumbent upon them to furnish proof of securing a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) aggregate marks, or equivalent grades, at the time of the second round of admission.
- A candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) and English each separately and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks taken together in PCB at the qualifying examination i.e., (10+2). Furthermore, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST or other backward classes, the marks obtained in PCB, taken together in qualifying examination, must be 40% instead of 45% as stated above. English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc. (Nsg.)
B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
XII pass from any branch with minimum 50% marks for the general category and 45% for students of SC/ ST category.
Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) and Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI WAT) of the School.
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together
Good score in an entrance examination like SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test) or JEE Main conducted in the year 2017.
BA.LL.B and BBA.LL.B (Five Years Integrated Programme)
The candidate should have passed 12th (10+2) standard examination from any government recognized board with minimum 45% marks (40% for S.C. / S.T. student) in one attempt only (No Compartment / Supplementary). That candidate who has appeared for their H.S.C finals and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply, subject to submission of passing certificate by the notified date.
Applicants who have obtained 10+2 through Open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification are not eligible for the professional Law Courses.