GATE is the leading postgraduate engineering entrance examination of the country which is usually conducted in the month of February every year. Soon after the completion of entrance exam and declaration of result, the participating institutes will announce the GATE
Counselling 2021 for the qualified students. This counselling procedure will be held only once and the candidates need to attend the same as per the official schedule of the participating institutes.
About the Exam:-
• Graduate aptitude test for engineering or commonly known as GATE is considered among the most reputed entrance examinations in the country.
• This exam tests the comprehensive understanding of the student in the undergraduate subjects.
• The scores of this reputed exam are accepted by almost all the top – ranking institutes of the country.
• Based on this exam, the students will get admission in the postgraduate engineering courses.
• It is expected that there is no common counselling will be held for the admission purpose. The participating institutes will organize their own GATE Counselling 2021.
• In order to take part in the counseling procedure, the students will have to keep them updated with the official dates of the participating institute in which they would like to get enrolled.
• As earlier said that the counselling will be held only once and the students need to attend the same as per the official schedule. Once the dates have been passed, the students will be unable to get admission.
• As different participating institute follow different selection procedure, therefore, the students should know the exact details regarding their preferred institute.
• Usually, the four stages are associated with the GATE Selection Procedure 2021. The detailed description of the same is mentioned here for the students.
• Stage 1: Registration: It is the first and the prime step of the counselling procedure. Qualified students will have to register them first in order to take part in the counseling. If the student fails to register them on time then he will not be allowed to participate in the counselling procedure. At this stage, the students should fill only the correct and genuine information as the wrong information will entail disqualification.
• Stage 2: Choice filling and locking: Soon after completing the registration part, the students will get an opportunity to make the choices regarding the courses. The candidates are suggested to place the most preferred choice on the top and then the rest. An extreme care is taken while making the choices as this is only the one – time facility for the students. If the students are satisfied with what they selected then they can lock their choices by using the choice locking option. It is important for the students to know that no modifications shall be made in the choices once after locking the same.
• Stage 3: Seat Allotment: The third stage of the GATE 2021 Counselling is the final seat allotment round. The students will get the seat in this round. The seat allotment is totally based on the choices filled by the students, their rank in the merit list and availability of seats at that rank. it may be possible that the students will have to undergo the personal interview round for the final admission. It depends on the participating institute. Once the seat allotment is done then the students can proceed towards the last and the final stage of the counselling procedure.
• Stage 4: Reporting at the nodal center and document verification:
In order to confirm their seat, the students will have to report at the allocated college and so as to verify their document in the document verification round. Soon after verification, the students need to deposit the seat acceptance fee so as to confirm the allotted seat. If the student fails to report at the center within the specific duration of time then his seat will be canceled out by the official authority.