The Selection Procedure of IBPS Clerk 2020 will depend on the Common Written Examination (CWE), which consist of two phase –Preliminary Examination and Mains Examination. The candidates will be selected on the basis of their score secured in mains exam and no Interviews will be conducted under IBPS Clerks 2020, as per the official notification The Selection Procedure will start from April 2020.
Selection Procedure will comprise of the following stages:
• Preliminary Examination
• Main Examination
Step 1: Preliminary Examination:
• Firstly, the candidates have to register themselves so that they can appear in the Online Preliminary Examination.
• This is an objective type online examination.
• There will be 3 sections in the exam i.e. Numerical Ability, English Language and Reasoning Ability of 100 marks in total.
• The candidates will have to qualify in each section.
• As per Selection Procedure of IBPS Clerk 2020, the candidates will be shortlisted for the IBPS Clerk Main Exam on the basis of the Preliminary Exam performance.
• The marks scored in the prelims will not be added to the selection as the preliminary exam is only qualifying in nature. And the marks obtained in Main examination will be considered only.
Step 2: Main Examination:
• Only the qualified candidates of the preliminary exam are allowed to take the IBPS Clerk online Main examination.
• As per Selection Procedure of IBPS Clerk 2020
, the Marks obtained in the Mains examination will be added to the final merit list.
• This is also an objective type online examination.
• There will be five sections in the exam namely English, General Awareness, Reasoning, Computer knowledge and Quantitative aptitude of 200 marks.
• Only marks scored in the mains will be included in the final scores as 100% Weightage will be given to the score obtained in the online Main Examination by the candidate.
• In order to be shortlisted for provisional allotment process, the candidates should qualify in the main examination and be sufficiently high in the merit list.
• The mains shortlisted aspirants will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations and allotment will be based on merit-cum-preference.
• According to Selection Procedure of IBPS Clerk 2020, the Provisional allotment will be done on the basis of final posts to be reported by the Participating Organizations.