Below you will find IPS 2020 Selection Procedure. Indian Police Service or commonly known as IPS is the dream of the several candidates. The aspirants are recruited for this post through the civil service examination. This is among the toughest examinations in the country which really needs the vibrant preparation. A large number of students appear in this exam and, therefore, the level of this exam is still rising. The IPS Selection Procedure 2020 is organized by the official authority i.e. UPSC for the eligible candidates.
IPS Selection Procedure 2020 – Stages:
Basically, the selection procedure includes the three main stages namely:
• Preliminary exam
• Main exam
• Personal interview
• The official authority will recruit the candidates as per their performance in all the stages of the selection procedure.
• The students should keep them updated with the official dates so as to attend the IPS Selection Procedure 2020 as per the schedule.
• The detailed description of each and every stage of selection is provided here for the students.
Stage 1: Preliminary Exam:
• This is the very first stage of the selection procedure.
• Aspiring students who wish to get recruited as the IPS will have to commence their journey of recruitment from this very first stage.
• This exam is just for selecting the students for the next rounds of selection.
• The scores obtained by the students in this exam will not be included in the final merit list.
• It is important for the students to know that mere qualifying the prelims exam is not enough for recruiting.
• This exam comprises of objective type questions.
• The penalty is applicable for the incorrect answers, therefore, the students should answer only those questions on which they are confident.
Stage 2: Main Exam:
• The next stage of the IPS Selection Procedure 2020 is the main examination.
• Only those students who score the minimum qualifying marks in the prelims will be allowed to appear in the main exam.
• It is obvious that this exam is quite tough than the preliminary exam.
• This exam aims at selecting the creamy layer of the most deserving students for the next round of selection.
• The marks of this exam will be included in the final merit list. Therefore, the students need to score well so as to get the higher place in the merit list.
• It comprises of nine competitive papers namely two language papers, 4 general studies papers and two optional subject papers.
Stage 3: Personal Interview:
• This is the last and the final stage of the IPS 2020
Selection Procedure for which the candidate has struggled so far.
• Officially, this personal interview is called the personality test round.
• The main purpose of this round is to test the personal suitability of the aspirant for a career in the public service by the board of competent and unbiased observers.
• Basically, this test is intended to check the mental caliber of the candidate.
• It is important for the students to know that if they fail to secure good marks in this round then their rank in the merit list may get affected.
• In this test, the overall ability of the candidate will be judged. In order to clear this test, the students should have the proper knowledge of the current happenings of the events in their state, country and outside the country.
• This round not only judges the aspirant’s intellectual qualities but also tests their social traits and interest in the current affairs.
• After this stage, a final merit list will be prepared by the official authority for the qualified students. Based on their performance in the main exam and the interview round, the final ranking will be determined.
• On the basis of the final ranking, the students will be get recruited for this deemed post i.e. Indian Police Service.