The counseling procedure will be organized by the official authority i.e. Joint seat allocation authority (JoSAA) for the qualified students. It basically aims at imparting admission to the qualified students in the participating IITs and ISM. It is expected that the JEE Advanced
Counselling 2021 will commence in the month of June 2021. The official dates will be updated here soon after the official announcement.
• The students should have the acceptable rank of the JEE advance.
• In order to appear in the JEE Advanced Counselling 2021, the candidates must have scored at least 75% marks in class 12th board examination. The aggregate marks for the SC/ ST/ PWD category will be 70%.
• The marks in the five subjects namely physics, chemistry, math, any language subject and the subject other than these four will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks.
• In the case, if any of the subjects is not evaluated in the final year then the marks for the same from the previous year will be used for determining top 20 percentile cutoff and percentage of aggregate marks.
Joint Seat allocation:
• The seats across ISM, NITs IITs, and other government funded state technical institutes will be allocated by the Joint seat allocation process.
• The schedule for the joint seat allocation will be published soon by JoSAA.
• All those students who are eligible for the admission will have to participate in the joint seat allocation process by filling their choices of the courses. The list of all the offered courses will be made available at the time of online filling of choices.
• It is expected that the counselling procedure will be held in the online mode and the students will have to attend the same as per the official dates.
• The admission to the participating institutes shall be made through the JEE Advanced Selection Procedure 2021.
• There are several stages associated with the counselling process. The explanation of all the stages is mentioned here for the students.
• Stage 1: Registration: It is the first step of the counseling. The students need to register them first so as to participate in the counselling rounds. While registration, the students will have to enter all the genuine details. The students should register them on time otherwise, the links will be deactivated.
• Stage 2: Choice Filling After completing the registration part, the students will have to choose their preferred choices regarding the courses and institutes. An utmost care is taken while making the choices as while allotting the seats, these choices will be taken in to consideration. If the students are satisfied with their entered choices then they can lock the same and proceed towards the next round of the JEE Advanced 2021 Counselling. The students are advised to choose as many choices as they can.
• Stage 3: Seat allocation result: After filling and locking of the choices, the official authority will announce the seat allocation result for the students. Basically, the process of seat allocation will be based on the rank of the student in the merit list, availability of the seats at that rank and the choices of the students.
• Stage 4: Reporting at the nodal center: Once after the seal allocation is done, the students will have to report at the nodal center where the seat is allocated to the student. There, the candidates will have to undergo the document verification round. After verifying the documents, the students need to deposit the fee and confirm their allotted
The list of important documents which the students should bring at the nodal center is mentioned here.
• Print out of course allotment letter
• Admit card of the exam
• Medical certificate
• Birth certificates
• Category certificates
• Print out of application form
• Certificates of class 10th and 12th
• Attested copy of id proof.