Given below are the details on Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2019-20 Notification, Application Form, Rules, Eligibility Criteria and procedure for applying. Kendriya Vidyalaya is a summation of 1093 central government schools affiliated to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan oversees the functioning of all kvs schools in India. The admission procedure for all schools is unified as per the KVS Admission guidelines that is published every year by the center. Following is a detailed admission guide for students and parents seeking admission across KVS schools in India 2019-20. Please note that these guidelines are not applicable to Kendriya Vidyalyas outside India.
Admission Notice Class II to IX, Apply offline - Check Website of concerned KV.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Notice 2019-20 -
Online Registration for admission to Class I
Apply online at website - https://www.kvsonlineadmission.in from 1st March 2019 at 8.00 am to 19th March 2019 at 4.00 pm.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Schedule for Admission for the Academic Session 2019-20 -
Advertisement for admission - Last week of February
Online Registration for Class I - 01.03.2019 from 8.00 am.
Last date of online registration for Class I - 19.03.2019 till 4.00 pm.
Declaration of provisionally selected list for Class I & admission for Class I -
1st List - 26.03.2019
2nd List - 09.04.2019 (If seats remain vacant)
3rd List - 23.04.2019 (if seats remain vacant)
Extended date for second notification for admission to be made under RTE Provision (Class I), if sufficient applications not received under RTE Provisions -
Notification - 30.03.2019
Registration - 30.03.2019 to 06.04.2019
Admissions - 08.04.2019 to 15.04.2019.
In case sufficient number of registration for SC/ST not received in 1st Phase, second notification may be issued -
Notification - 30.03.2019
Registration - 30.03.2019 to 06.04.2019
Admissions - 08.04.2019 to 15.04.2019
Registration for Class II onwards (except Class XI) subject to availability of vacancies in a particular class - 02.04.2019 from 8.00 am to 09.04.2019 till 4.00 pm. (During school hrs.)
Declaration of list of class II onwards - 12.04.2019
Admission for class II onwards - 12.04.2019 to 20.04.2019
Last date for admission except class XI - 30.04.2019
For KV Students - Registration for admission in class XI - Within 10 days after declaration of board results.
For KV Students - Display of admission list & admission for class XI - Within 20 days after declaration of board results.
Non KV Students - Registration, display of admission list & admission in class XI (subject to availability if vacancies) - After the admission of KV students in Class XI
Last date of admission for class XI - 01.07.2019.
Eligibility For KVS Admission 2019 :-
A child must be 5 years old as on 31st March of the academic year of admission to Class I .
(Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
Age as on 31st March of the year of admission:
Class - Minimum age as -Maximum age as
I - 05 years - 07 years
II - 06 years - 08 years
III - 07 years - 09 years
IV - 08 years - 10 years
V - 09 years - 11 years
VI - 10 years - 12 years
VII - 11 years - 13 years
VIII - 12 years - 14 years
IX - 13 years - 15 years
X - 14 years - 16 years
•The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Differently abled children by the Principal.
•There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
Reservations in Admission -
15% seats for Scheduled Caste and 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
3% seats of total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally reserved for Differently Abled-children as per the provisions of RTE Act, 2009 read in conjunction with Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
Documents to be attached to the registration form:-
• For Class I, certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel. For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department would be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth should be returned to the parent after verification. Admissions up to class-VIII may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body.
• For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
• For grandchildren of KVS employee a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parent with the KVS employee (serving or retired) would be required.
• A certificate that the child belongs to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL wherever applicable, issued by the competent authority in concerned State Government/Union Government. The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 03 months from the date of admission.
•A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt. (sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case, where the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
•A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
•A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
•Proof of Residence.
Method of Admission to Class I:-
Out of the available seats of fresh admission 15% will be reserved for SC and 7.5% will be reserved for ST. The short fall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST, will be worked out after considering number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
(1) In first phase, 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) who are the resident of Neighborhood/Differently abled taken together.
(2) In second phase, remaining seats are to be filled as per existing Priority category system. The short fall in the seats reserved for SC/ST, if any shall be made good by admitting SC/ST applicants.
Admission for Class II to Class VIII:-
Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VIII and the admission may be granted based on Priority category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be). If applications are more than the number of seats, lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota (Class VI Onwards).
Admission for Class IX:-
For admission to Class IX, an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
(i) Admission test shall be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science.
(ii) There will be only one paper of Admission test of 3 Hours duration & 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science & Science each of 20 marks.
(iii) Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
Admission of Children studying abroad:-
A KV Student, who went abroad with his parents on their deputation to a foreign country, will be admitted to corresponding class on their return to India by the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya, where admission is being sought (such admissions will be over and above the class strength).
Note : The Information provided here is taken from official websites and in some cases other websites. We are just aggregators of the information students are requested to check the official websites and respective admission authorities for more information their word will be final. We keep updating the information regularly but sometimes the information can be outdated or human error while typing is possible we are not responsible in such cases.