The Counselling of MAT 2018 will be conducted only for those candidates who have qualified the MAT exam and the candidates must have to attend Counselling as per schedule. Candidates have to check out the counselling dates as it held on different dates based on the ranks.
MAT Counselling 2018 – About the Exam:
• MAT is a national level exam conducted for those students who are interested in getting admission in the management programme in leading colleges.
• All India Management Association organizes the MAT exam four times in a year at different centers around India.
MAT Counselling Procedure:
• First of all, you have to check your score/rank card.
• Now check and confirm your Counselling date because Counselling will be held on different dates based on the ranks.
• Now select the course of your choice.
• Then select some colleges in which you want to get admission in order to complete the Choice filling process and then choices are locked by students.
• After that, the final seat will be allotted to the students on the basis of their rank, course preferences and the availability of seats.
• Candidates, who will be successful in receiving a seat through MAT 2018 Counselling process, are required to confirm his/her allotted seat by depositing required fee within the particular time period.
• Once the seat allotment is done, the students will have to undergo document verification round as they have to produce all original documents at the time of counseling.
Certificates/Documents required at the time of Counselling:
• MAT Rank Card
• Original Counselling letter
• Counselling letter
• AIMA MAT prospectus for making bank draft
• Category Certificate
• Class 10th & 12th Certificate
• MAT Admit Card
• 6 Passport Size Photographs
MAT Selection Procedure 2018 – Detailed Description:
The Selection Procedure of MAT 2018 will take place in two steps. This procedure is decided by the official authority so as to avail the final admission to the most deserving and suitable students in the postgraduate management courses.
Step 1: The candidates have to take part in the entrance examination either in its paper pencil based mode or computer based mode.
Step 2: The students who qualify the MAT test will go to the next rounds of selection i.e. Group Discussion, Personal Interview and or Written Ability Test (WAT).
Group Discussion (GD):
• As per the MET 2018 Selection Procedure, the next round of selection is the group discussion round. To qualify this round, the candidates have to remain up to date regarding current affairs so as to make the better and healthy discussion. The candidates who are unable to express their views regarding the matter will get eliminated.
• Personal Interview and or Written Ability Test (PI /) WAT:
The final round of Selection Procedure of MET 2018 are the personal interaction and written ability test round. The Written Ability Test is gradually gaining importance over Group Discussion rounds in the majority of the B-schools because most of the GD rounds tend to become chaotic and spoil the chance of soft-spoken candidates. The students have to qualify this round with good percentile in order to get admission in the desired B College. If the student fails to qualify this round then the whole hard work of the student will get wasted.
• At last, on the basis of total composite scores in all the steps of MET 2018 Selection Procedure, final merit lists is announced and the selection procedure can vary for each B-school.