- HomeMBA Admissions in India
Below you will find MBA Admissions in India 2020-21 Notification, Eligibility Criteria and Section Process. The admissions will soon be started for the year 2020. Many of the prestigious B-Schools and other management colleges and universities admit candidates for the MBA courses. This is done on the basis of CAT scores for the most of the colleges, MAT test which is carried out separately by some institutes and entrance exams that are conducted independently by some of the management institutes. For the candidates belonging to countries outside India, MBA Admissions 2020 can be availed through the GMAT exam. Read more details about the admissions given below.
MBA Admissions 2020 Criteria :
The candidates who wish to pursue MBA courses from institutes in India need to hold some eligibility criteria for the course. The admissions are done through various tests that have been described as follows.
• CAT: Common Admission Test is conducted every year by one of the IIMs for selection of candidates for the MBA courses at IIM. A definite cut-off is released and the candidates obtaining marks equivalent to this cut-off are eligible to take admissions in the IIMs. There is a total of 19 IIMs that admit candidates on the basis of CAT scores. The consideration of CAT scores forms the first stage of selection of the candidates for the further rounds. Including the IIMs, many other B-Schools consider the CAT score for the MBA Admissions 2020.
• MAT: Management Ability Test is also conducted by some B-schools that tend to select candidates based on this test. In such cases, CAT scores are also considered. For the non-CAT candidates, MAT is conducted at the university level and candidates are admitted on the basis of their performance in this test.
• Entrance Test: Various other private management institutes admit candidates on the basis of an entrance exam that is conducted independently by the institute or the university. CAT scores are considered here also. Some seats are filled on the basis of CAT scores and others are filled on the basis of entrance test conducted separately by the institute.
MBA Admissions 2020 Top Institutes:
There are many colleges and institutes that carry out the admission on the basis of CAT, MAT or their personal entrance tests. The list of some of these institutes has been given below:
• Xavier School of Management
• S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
• Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
• International Management Institute, Delhi
• Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
• Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
• Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management
• Birla Institute of Management Technology
• Institute of Rural Management
• Goa Institute of Management
• Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management
• National Institute of Technology, Trichy
All the best for your MBA Admissions 2020!