Here you will find MPSC State Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2017.
MPSC State Services Preliminary Exam Pattern:-
The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Medium:- Marathi & English
Paper I (compulsory)
Duration:- Two hours
Paper II (compulsory)
Duration:- Two hours
Topic No.(1) to (5) Degree level
Topic No.(6) class X level
Topic No.(7) X / XII level
MPSC State Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2015:-
Paper I - (200 marks)
(1) Current events of state, national and international importance.
(2) History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement.
(3) Maharashtra, India and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of Maharashtra, India and the World.
(4) Maharashtra and India - Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj,Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
(5) Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
(6) General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change-that do not require subject specialisation.
(7) General Science.
Paper II - (200 marks)
(2) Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
(3) Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
(4) Decision - making and problem - solving.
(5) General mental ability.
(6) Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation(Charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.- Class X level)
(7) Marathi and English Language Comprehension skills (Class X/XII level).
Note 1 : Questions relating to Marathi and English Language Comprehension skill of Class X/XII level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper II) will be tested through passages from Marathi and English language without providing cross translation thereof in the question paper.
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3 : It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of State Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he / she does not appear in both the papers of State Services (Prelim) Examination.