The term cutoff can be defined as the minimum scores which are prescribed by the official exam body for the candidates. It is obligatory for the candidates to score more than or up to the cutoff marks so as to qualify the exam. The cutoff will be released at each and every level of selection. The official authority i.e. staff selection commission will publish the cutoff in the online mode.
About the Exam:-
• SSC combined higher secondary level or commonly known as SSC CHSL is among the reputed recruitment examinations in the country.
• This is the national level exam and the candidates from all over the country are invited to participate in the same.
• Usually, the exam is conducted in the month of January every year.
• This examination is organized with the objective to offer the recruitment to the deserving and qualified candidates.
• Before proceeding towards the previous year stats, one should know the basic meaning of cutoff.
• It is the lowest possible marks which the candidates need to score in the exam so as to be treated as qualified.
• The SSC CHSL Cutoff 2017 will be issued different for different categories. So, the candidates are requested to check the cutoff related to their category.
• This exam is conducted at all India level and hence, a large number of students participate in the same. To demarcate the number of students for the next level of selection, the official authority will use cutoff as the selection criteria.
• The released cutoff will be unquestionable and unchallengeable under any circumstance. Basically, the declared cutoff will be the binding one and should be acceptable.
• The candidates who will secure the marks more than the cutoff will be considered as the qualified one and permitted to join the next level of selection.
Factors affecting the same:-
• The cutoff is not determined randomly. A lot of factors are considered while releasing the cutoff marks.
• These factors make the cutoff totally unpredictable till its official release. A little change in these can bring the drastic change in the cutoff marks.
• For the sake of knowledge, some of the factors are discussed here:
Number of candidates
Complexity level of exam
Last year cutoff trends
Previous Year Stats:-
• The official authority will issue the SSC CHSL
Cutoff 2017 soon till then the candidates can check the preceding year cutoff marks.
Category - Cutoff
General - 119
OBC - 110
SC - 99
ST - 89
VH - 83.