• Affiliated Board : CBSE
    Website : http://arpsshillong.com
    Contact Details : Laitkor, Shillong, Meghalaya - 793010. Tel: 03852427222  

Assam Rifles Public School (ARPS), Shillong was promoted in the year 1980. Affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, ARPS offers education from class IV to class XII and offers Science, Humanities and Commerce streams at the higher secondary level. The school is managed by the Assam Rifles Public School Society, a registered autonomous body under Society Act, 1960.

Assam Rifles Public School, Shillong Admissions

The School has provision for approximately 500 boarders, 60% of seats are for children of Assam Rifles Personal including children of ex – servicemen and deceased A.R. Personnel as rules framed for the purpose. Non A. R. children can avail the remaining 40% seats.

The class wise vacancies are filled up based on a Common Entrance Test conducted in early December, the center offered being ARPS and the following February of the nest year at centers simultaneously, apart from the main Test Centre at the School itself. These centers are at Dimapur, Jorhat , Silchar, Guwahati & Aizawal. Children of Civilians may also appear for entrance examination from any of these centres.

The Entrance Test is conducted in three subjects’ viz English, Mathematics and Hindi followed by an interview for those who qualify and which is held at ARPS Laitkor. The test conducted is meant to assess the child’s aptitude, comprehension, computational skills and sociability etc.


The school has a huge playground, spacious classrooms, laboratories, music room, computer room and mini auditorium. Library with rich collection of books is situated inside the campus. Canteen and transportation facility is also available. 

Assam Rifles Public School, Shillong Address

Laitkor, Shillong,
Meghalaya - 793010.
Tel: 03852427222