University of Surrey Key Information:-
•Informally known: University of Surrey
•Established: September 9, 1966
•Address: Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, United Kingdom
•Affiliation: PATA/Universities UK/ACU/EUA
•Available study options: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
• Acceptance Rate:
• Chancellor: HRH The Duke of Ken
• Vice- Chancellor: Sir Christopher Snowden
•Phone: +44 1483 300800
University of Surrey Highlights:-
• University of Surrey is a premier public research university known for its strong teaching and research standards.
• Surrey’s unique new Major/Minor degrees let students choose from over 60 subject combinations to create the perfect balance of studies.
• Many modular courses allow students to choose specific subject areas of particular interest.
• This university also provides the facility of professional training, placement and study abroad.
• Surrey university's research activity is rated as 'world class' and 'internationally recognised.'
• Unitemps is the University of Surrey’s award winning in-house recruitment agency.
• The student faculty ratio at the university is 15:1.
• The university of Surrey is also known for its well founded student support services.
University of Surrey Admissions
University of Surrey Admission:-
University of Surrey Undergraduate Admission:-
01) Applying through UCAS: Your application for entry to full-time undergraduate degree programmes at the University of Surrey must be made online through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).Full instructions on how to fill out your application are available on the UCAS website, and you can also contact UCAS directly for further information.
CLICK HERE to apply through UCAS
02) Applying directly to the university as an ocassional student: If you are from an overseas university and you wish to undertake part of your degree programme at the University of Surrey, or if you wish to follow specific modules or parts of a programme, you may apply as an ‘occasional’ student directly to the relevant faculty and not through UCAS.
03) Applying directly to the Guildford School of Acting: Applications for BA (Hons) Musical Theatre, BA (Hons) Acting and BA (Hons) Professional Production Skills should be made via UCAS.Applications for the BA (Hons) Theatre (1-year Conversion) programme should be made directly to GSA.
Further information about the audition and selection process can be found on the GSA website (http://www.gsauk.org/).
Deadlines for University of Surrey Undergraduate Admission:
UCAS starts receiving applications for the Autumn session right from mid-September. The last date for receipt of applications for UK and EU students is January 15.
Applications from international students are accepted between September, 01 and June, 30.
CLICK HERE for more information on undergraduate admission
University of Surrey Postgraduate Admission:
(A) Post Graduate Taught programs:
To apply for a post graduate taught program you will need to complete and submit an application form.
CLICK HERE to view postgraduate programs
While there is no formal application deadline for the majority of our programmes, you are advised to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Where a programme does have an application deadline, the date is detailed on the specific programme page.
CLICK HERE for postgraduate taught programs admission
(B) Postgraduate Research programs
Prospective students are encouraged to contact the Postgraduate Research Director or other relevant members of staff to discuss their research interests.Applicants should forward a copy of their CV, and prepare a short research proposal (1000 words) to enable the department to identify prospective supervisor(s), whose research interests match those of the applicant.
Applications are welcomed from international students, although there is no institutional funding at present for applicants from outside the EU.Doctoral students usually start on 1 October, but can also begin their studies on 1 January or 1 April.
University of Surrey Academic year
University of Surrey academic year is divided into semesters
Semester 01: September to February.
Semester 02: February to June
Students on a full-time one-year taught Masters programme are required to study for one calendar year and therefore do not have a summer vacation.
Research students, on a full-time PhD programme, are required to be in continuous attendance. Any holiday should be agreed and taken in accordance with University regulations.
University of Surrey Tuition fee
CLICK HERE for University of Surrey undergraduate tuition fee
CLICK HERE for University of Surrey postgraduate tuition fee.
University of Surrey Infrastructure
University of Surrey Infrastructure:-
The University of Surrey's main campus is located on Stag Hill close to the Center of Guildford and the Guildford Cathedral. A second campus at Manor Park is situated a short distance away. This university has thus expanded its facilities for accommodation, academic buildings and sporting. The Stag Hill campus of the university combines residences for students and staff, buildings for research and teaching, and sporting facilities. A £35 million research centre for the development of the first worldwide 5G network is scheduled to open on January 2015.
The Library and Learning Support provides students with library support as well as space for learning and reading.
Surrey Sports Park is also distinguishing feature of University of Surrey infrastructure. This £ 35 million sports park houses a 50-metre Olympic-size swimming pool, three multi-sports halls, a squash centre, 700 square metres of fitness facilities, two artificial floodlit pitches, outdoor and indoor tennis courts, four real tennis courts and a climbing centre.
University of Surrey Faculty:-
University of Surrey Faculty past and present consists of academicians, subject scholars, researchers and individuals from all walks of life.
University of Surrey Student Life and Activities:-
The University of Surrey Students Union is the sole representative body for Surrey students. The organization represents students academic and welfare issues as well as administers sports clubs and societies. The union hosts many balls during the academic year. There is a break in the middle of the season for students to sit their final examinations. After the examinations, the season continues with events from several Union societies. Surrey university participates in various sports festivals .The university competes against other institutions such as Royal Holloway, University of London and Kingston University. Over the years, there has been stiff competition between Surrey and Kingston for the Varsity Cup, that has made both universities arch-rivals at the Games.
University of Surrey Placements
University of Surrey Courses
University of Surrey Rankings
In most of the latest domestic rankings University of Surrey was ranked among the top 20 universities in the United Kingdom. The subjects of Hospitality & Tourism, Electronic Engineering, Food Science, Sociology, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Economics and Psychology ranked in the top 10. Following is the latest University of Surrey Rankings.
ARWU (2013, world) Rank: 401 to 500
QS (2013/14, world) Rank: 284
Times Higher Education (2013/14, world): Rank 351-400
Complete (2015, national): Rank 13
The Guardian (2015, national): Rank 06
Times/Sunday Times (2014, national): Rank 12
ARWU(2013, national): not ranked
QS (2013/14, national): not ranked
Times Higher Education (2013/14, national): not ranked
University of Surrey Images
University of Surrey Videos
This text will be replaced