Stanford University Key Information:
•Formally known: Leland Stanford Junior University
•Informally known: Standford University
• Nickname: Cardinal
•Established: November 11, 1885
•Motto: Die Luft der Freiheit weht (German) [The wind of freedom blows]
•Address:450 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA 94305, United States
•Available study options: Undergraduate, Graduate, Online, Professional, Continuing, K-12
•President: John L. Hennessy
• Provost:John Etchemendy
•Student Acceptance Rate: 6.6 percent (2013)
•Mascot: The Stanford University Cardinal
Stanford University Highlights:
• Ranked as one of the most prestigious universities in the world, Stanford boasts of a heritage of engineering innovations in communication, health, energy and business.
• Stanford's seven schools of learning (Business,Earth Sciences,Education,Engineering, Humanities and Sciences, Law and Medicine) offer a breadth of highly regarded academic and research programs.
• Academic and research programs are distinctive as they encourage students to explore both intellectual as well as indvidual interests.
• Stanford is also pioneering new technologies in online education programmes.
• The varsity also offers valuable opportunities for lifelong learning, including continuing adult education, executive and professional programs, and special programs for K-12 students.
• This university welcomes more than 150,000 visitors to campus annually which includes tourists who venture for sightseeing as well as students in search of educational opportunities.
• International student population comprises of 7.59 percent of undergraduate and 33 percent of graduate students.
CLICK HERE to DISCOVER STANDFORD UNIVERSITY
Stanford University Faculty:
At present, Stanford University boasts of a faculty strength of 2,043 members. 22 Nobel laureates are currently members of the Stanford teaching and research community.
Stanford University Admissions
Stanford University Admission:
Stanford University welcomes students from the United States and throughout the world. Following are some important pointers for Standford University Admission.
•Eligibility in case of graduate programs:-
Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association; or
Completion of an international degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing.
CLICK HERE to check minimum international education requirements.
•Candidates wishing to apply for Stanford University Admission are requested to do so online.
CLICK HERE for link for online application.
•If you are applying to the Law School, School of Medicine or Graduate School of Business, please visit their web sites for information on their application processes and to access their applications.
•The application fee is to be paid online via credit card (Visa and MasterCard only). If you do not have a credit card then you should make arrangements with a family member or friend to use theirs.
•As per the admission rules you can apply to only one graduate program in a given academic year.
•Stanford graduates follow the same application procedures as other applicants. If you are currently an undergraduate and wish to apply for a coterminal program, you do not need to submit an application for graduate study.
•Fee waivers are available for students applying for graduate programs.
CLICK HERE for information on Fee Waiver
ONLINE APPLICATION STEPS
•File Upload Requirements
•Create Your Account
•Returning To Your Application
•Submit Your Application
•Submitting Online Recommendations
•Application Fee Payment
•Stanford's Right of Verification
CLICK HERE FOR FRESHMEN APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
CLICK FOR TRANSFER APPLICATION REQUIRMENTS
CLICK HERE for Standford University Academic Calender
The average annual tuition fee for undergraduate students at Standford university is $14,230
CLICK HERE for student tuition fee
Stanford University Infrastructure
Stanford University Infrastructure:
Stanford University is located in San Francisco Peninsula, in the northwest part of the Santa Clara Valley (Silicon Valley). Known and rated as one of the most beautiful campuses in the United States, this university also operates at several remote locations. Stanford University is a complete township in itself and its infrastructure boasts of academic and research facilities, residentials plots (dormitories and student housing). The key landmarks of the region include
•Main Quad and Memorial Church
•Cantor Center for Visual Arts and art gallery
•Stanford Mausoleum and the Angel of Grief, Hoover Tower, the Rodin sculpture garden.
•Papua New Guinea Sculpture Garden the Arizona Cactus Garden, the Stanford University Arboretum,
The property is made up of 8,180 contiguous acres with nearly 700 major buildings.
Stanford University Student Life and Activities:
Stanford University is known for its buzzling student life packed with activities. 97 percent of candidates live on-campus of the university. Academically the university also has one of the best student faculty ratios at 5:1. Stanford currently has 36 varsity sports (18 female, 15 male, one coed), 19 club sports and 37 intramural sports—about 800 students participate in intercollegiate sports with an offer of about 300 athletic scholarships.Fraternities and sororities are an active part of campus life and students are encouraged to be part of student organizations.
Stanford University Placements
Stanford University Courses
Stanford University Rankings
Standford has dominated many domestic college ranking capturing the numero uno position. Dubbed by "Slate" magazine as the Stanford as the Harvard of the 21 st century.
•The New York Times concluded that Standford University is the best "it" school in America.
• In 2010, 2013 and 2014 "The Princeton Review" named Standford as the most commonly named "dream college" both for students and their parents.
• Times High Education World Reputation ranking ranked Standford third in its list.
• In the 2012 U.S. News Best Graduate Schools rankings, Stanford was also placed in the top 5 for every discipline in which it was ranked.
Stanford University Images
Stanford University Videos
This text will be replaced