United States Military Academy New York Key Information:-
•Formally known: United States Military Academy at West Point (USMA)
• Also known as: West Point, Army, The Academy, or simply, The Point
•Established: March 16, 1802
•Address: West Point, NY, United States
•Motto: DUTY * HONOUR* COUNTRY*
•Type: US Service Academy
•Available study options: Undergraduate and Post Graduate
• Dean : Brig. Gen. Timothy E. Trainor USMA 1983
• Commandant: Brig. Gen. Richard D. Clarke USMA 1984
•Student Acceptance Rate: 9% (2012)
• Mascot: United States Military Academy Moose
• Contact: +1 845-938-4011
• Website: www.westpoint.edu
United States Military Academy New York Highlights:-
• The academy is a four-year, coeducational, public liberal arts college located in West Point, New York.
• Applicants are required to have a nomination from a member of congress.
• Candidates once admitted have a chance to chose from 45 majors.
• The popular major choices at USMA include Civil Engineering, Economics, Foreign Languages, History, Legal Professions, Management Information Systems, Management Science, Mechanical Engineering, Political Science
• At the end of their four years, students earn a commission into the United States Army as a 2nd Lieutenant.
• Student to faculty ratio is 8:1.
• This academy has consistently increased its number of cadets to accomodate the american military strength.
•Notable alumni include two presidents (Dwight D. Eisenhower and Ulysses S. Grant), 18 NASA astronauts and 74 Medal of Honor recipients.
United States Military Academy New York Faculty:-
United States Military Academy New York Faculty past and present consists of army generals, subject experts and analysts.
United States Military Academy New York Admissions
United States Military Academy New York Admission:-
Applicants are required to have a nomination from a member of congress.
01. Aspirants must be aged between 17 and 23 years of age with no legal obligation to support a child.
02. Above average high school and/or previous college grades, and strong performance on standardized testing is expected.
03. Candidates must also undergo a Candidate Fitness Assessment and complete physical exam.
04. The actual application process consists of two main requirements, candidates apply to USMA for admission and separately provide a nomination.
05. Applicant typically provides written essays and letters of recommendation.
06. The applicant then submits to a formal interview.
This medium sized highly residential baccalaureate college offers full-time, four-year undergraduate program that emphasizes instruction in the arts, sciences, and professions with no graduate program.There are forty-five academic majors, the most popular of which are foreign languages, management information systems, history, economics, and mechanical engineering.
Graduation and Retention Rates:-
First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 95%
4-Year Graduation Rate: 81%
6-Year Graduation Rate: 83%
United States Military Academy New York Academic Year: -
United States Military Academy New York Tuition Fee:-
United States Military Academy New York Infrastructure
United States Military Academy New York Infrastructure:-
The academy is located approximately 50 miles (80 km) north of New York City on the western bank of the Hudson River. West Point, New York, is incorporated as a federal military reservation in Orange County and is adjacent to Highland Falls. One of the most visited and scenic sites on post, Trophy Point, overlooks the Hudson river to the north.The academy grounds are home to numerous monuments and statues.
West Point is home to historic athletic facilities like Michie Stadium and Gillis Field House as well as modern facilities such as the Lichtenburg Tennis Center, Anderson Rugby Complex, and the Lou Gross Gymnastics Facility. Another distinctive feature of United States Military Academy New York Infrastructure is West Point Museum.
United States Military Academy New York Student Activities and Life:-
Cadets are not referred to as freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors. Instead they are officially called fourth class, third class, second class, and first class cadets. Cadets attend the United States Military Academy free of charge, with all tuition and board paid for by the Army in return for a service commitment of five years of active duty and three years of reserve status upon graduation.
Cadets have a host of extracurricular activities available, most run by the office of the Directorate of Cadet Activities (DCA). West Point has a long history of athletics in other NCAA sports and encourages its cadets to participate in these sporting activities. The university is also known for its various students traditions that are followed with fervour to this very day.
United States Military Academy New York Placements
United States Military Academy New York Courses
United States Military Academy New York Rankings
United States Military Academy New York Images
United States Military Academy New York Videos