University of California, Berkeley Key Information:-
Formally known: University of California, Berkeley
•Also known as: (UC Berkeley; Berkeley; California; or simply Cal)
•Established: March 23, 1868
•Nickname: Golden Bears
•Motto: Fiat Lux "Let there be light"
•Address: Berkeley, CA, United States
•Type: Private (Flagship)
•Available study options: Undergraduate/Graduate and professional programs/ Research
•Chancellor: Nicholas Dirks
•Student Acceptance Rate: 18 percent (2012)
•Mascot: Oski the Bear
University of California, Berkeley Highlights:-
• University of California, Berkeley is recognized as a premier public university and a wellspring of innovation.
• This university comprises of 130 academic departments and more than 80 interdisciplinary research units.
• The subject strengths of the university include Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Political Science, Molecular and Cell Biology, Environmental Science, Policy & Management and Economics.
• The university offers than 7000 courses in some 350 degree programs.
• A powerhouse of research, the university produces more Ph.D. holders annually than any other university.
• This varsity is also recognized as educating more economically disadvantaged students than all of the Ivy League Universities put together.
University of California, Berkeley Faculty:-
University of California, Berkeley Faculty consists of 1,580 full time and 597 part time faculty spread among 350 academic programs. The university has produced 22 Nobel Laurates of which 8 are part of the current faculty.
University of California, Berkeley Admissions
University of California, Berkeley Admission:-
Admission to UC Bekerley consists of a two step process that includes
a) Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements: Students must meet UC Bekerley Admission Requirements.
CLICK HERE for University of California, Berkeley Admission Admission Requirements
Selection: UC receives far more applications than it can admit and gain admission. As such candidates are required to present an academic profile that is much stronger than what is the expected UC Bekerely admission requirements.
CLICK HERE for UC Bekerley Fresh Applicants Admission
CLICK HERE for UC Bekerley Transfer Applicants Admission
CLICK HERE for UC Bekerley International Applicants Admission
CLICK HERE for University of California, Berkeley Online Application
University of California, Berkeley Academic Year:
Summer Session: February to August
Fall Semester: April to December
Spring Semester: January to May
University of California, Berkeley Tuition Fee:
The average undergraduate residential student budget is estimated as follows-
Living on campus = $ 33,320/-
Living of campus = $ 28, 858/-
Living with relatives $ 24,092/-
The average undergraduate non- residential student budget is estimated as follows-
Living on campus = $56,198/-
Living of campus = $51,736/-
Living with relatives= $46,970/-
The average graduate student budget for resident students is $37,940/-
The average graduate student budget for non-resident students is $37,940/-
CLICK HERE for more information on University of California, Berkeley Tuition Fee
University of California, Berkeley Infrastructure
University of California, Berkeley Infrastructure:
University of California, Berkeley Infrastructure is a confluence of both victorian second emperor style and mordern architecture. Spread over 1,232 acres of land the university is equipped with all the needed infrastructure and faculties. Outside the bay area the university also owns various research libraries and research forests in both northern and southern North Nevada forests. A distinctive feature of the surrounding is that campus is surrounded by nature and greenery that has remained undisturbed. There are two committees and the Office of Sustainability that work formally to implement sustainable on-campus initiatives.
University of California, Berkeley Student Life and Activities:-
University of California, Berkeley is known for various student traditions that have continued over the past few years. Students at UC Berkeley live in a variety of housing that cater to personal and academic preferences and styles. The university offers two years of guaranteed housing for entering freshmen, and one year for entering transfer students.
The university runs twelve different residence halls, ranging from undergraduate residence halls (both themed and non-themed) and family student housing, to re-entry student housing and optional international student housing at the International House.
Students in Berkeley have a number of cooperative housing options. The largest network of student housing cooperatives in the area is the Berkeley Student Cooperative (BSC).
UC Berkeley has over 1700 established student groups has over 1700 established student groups (fraternities and sorerities).
UC Berkeley teams have won various national championships in basketball, football, gymnastics, lacrosse, softball,swimming, diving, polo, tennis and track and field events.
University of California, Berkeley Placements
University of California, Berkeley Courses
University of California, Berkeley Rankings
Following is the latest University of California, Berkeley rankings nationally and internationally:
• In the 2013, Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings, Berkeley was ranked the world's 5th most prestigious university and one of six globally recognized "super brands."
• Among world universities, Berkeley had the 2nd highest number of academic programs rated in the Top Ten in their field by QS.
• The 2014 annual ranking by U.S. News & World Report ranked Berkeley first among public universities and tied for 20th among national universities in the U.S.
• In 2014, Kiplinger ranked Berkeley 9th out of the top 100 best-value public colleges and universities in the nation, and 2nd in California.
• The Princeton Review ranks Berkeley as a "college with a conscience" and the 5th best value in public colleges.
• For "Best Undergraduate Teaching," UC Berkeley was ranked #7 in the nation and tied with Duke University.
University of California, Berkeley Contact Details
University of California, Berkeley Images
University of California, Berkeley Videos
This text will be replaced