Annamalai University BEd
Annamalai University is conducting Bachelor of Education programme since many years. It is a one year duration course approved by AICTE. Candidates willing to get admission in to this course must have to match eligibility criteria which is listed below.
1. The candidate who have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed the X and XII examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education/ Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC approved Universities with the following main subjects in Part-III viz., Tamil (B.A., B.Lit.), English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History, Geography, Computer Science, Applied Chemistry, Biochemistry, Applied Physics, Environmental Science and Microbiology.
2. However, candidates not qualified in XII examination or PUC but possessing Two Years Bachelor Preparatory Programme Certificate / Two Years Foundation Course Certificate / Two Years Diploma in Teacher Education Course conducted by the State Government / recognized Universities and qualified with three years UG Degree Course are eligible for admission.
3. Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III (Double or Triple major) of the UG degree have to choose only one of the main subjects and apply for that optional in B.Ed.
4. Candidates with the following marks in the Bachelor’s Degree are eligible for admission to the course other than subjects like Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Psychology, Philosophy and India Culture for which PG qualification is mandatory for admission.
5. Candidates with PG qualification alone will be considered for Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Philosophy, Indian Culture, Political Science and Psychology and a minimum of 50% marks is required for admission to this course irrespective of the community.
6. Graduates of Five Year Integrated Degree Programmes and PG Degree Programme under CBCS system of the Faculties of Arts, Science, Indian Languages & Education are eligible.
7. Post Graduate Degree in Tamil & English languages are eligible provided they passed with minimum eligible marks in the PG Examinations.
8. Candidates who have passed the UG and PG Degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and 1 year of Pre-University Course (PUC) examination or 10+2 pattern of School Education examination shall not be considered for admission.
9. Candidates who have passed under Double Degree/Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission.
All the eligible candidates applying for admission will have to appear for the selection test to be conducted on 01-07-2011 at 10.00 a.m. in the University Campus. Hall tickets for eligible candidates will be sent by post well in advance.
The selection test will be conducted for a maximum of 100 marks. There will be 100 questions for duration of two hours. All the questions will be of multiple choice types. The questions will be divided into two groups viz., Group-A: General knowledge and Group-B: questions to test the teaching aptitude of the candidates.