The medical institute i.e. Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences is one of the reputed hospitals in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India. In short form it is known as SVIMS. This is a speciality hospital whose foundation stone was laid by N. T. Rama Rao, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on 18 April 1986, and the hospital started functioning from 26 February 1993 by an Act of A.P. State Legislature. Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences was recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI). Further in 2006, the institution is up graded with AIIMS, New Delhi by Government of India.
It was established with a vision for providing Super Specialty facilities with low cost to the poor. Its main objectives include service, training and teaching in superior medical sciences and technology. Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences has trained able-bodied and enthusiastic faculty to serve the poor and deprived patients belonging to not only Andhra Pradesh but also several of the neighboring states as well.
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Key Features:
The main Key Features of the University are as follows:
• Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences strives to generate a centre of excellence for providing educational and research facilities along with medical facilities.
• Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences aims to build up patterns of teaching in post-graduate level and also in super specialties to set a high standard of medical education.
• Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences functions as a referral hospital.
• Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Conduct’s medical camps in rural areas and the specialty doctors from the institute attend the camp and refer patients to the respective department in the institution.
• This Institute of Medical Sciences Accepts donations, equipment, etc from the public for betterment of the patients.
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Courses Offered:
The Courses Offered Institute is given below:
• Medical Broad Specialties
MD Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion
MD Radio diagnosis
• Super Specialties
DM Medical Oncology
M.Ch Genitourinary surgery
M.Ch Surgical Oncology
M.Ch CVT Surgery
M.Ch Surgical Gastroenterology
• Postgraduate courses:
• Undergraduate Courses:
B.Sc Nuclear Medicine Technology
B.Sc ECG and Cardiovascular Technology
B.Sc Medical Lab Technology
B.Sc Dialysis Technology
B.Sc Radiography & Imagining Technology
B.Sc Anaesthesia Technology
B.Sc Urology Technology
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
B.Sc Neurophysiology Technology (EEG & ENMG)
• P.G. Diploma in Paramedical Technical Courses
Medical Records Science
Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion Technology
• Post Doctoral Fellowship Courses
• Post basic specialized nursing programmes:
CT Surgery Nursing
• Certificate courses for medical graduates:
Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion
• Other courses:
Certificate course in Dialysis Nursing
Diploma in Radiotherapy Technology
• Ph.D. programmes in Microbiology, Nursing, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, Medicine, Endocrinology, Neurology, and Neurosurgery.
NIRF Ranking 2019 -
University - 77
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Admissions:-
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences conducts the common entrance test for admission of the candidates. The Selection of candidates is done on the basis of merit list as determined by a Competitive Entrance Test conducted by University for different courses. The prospectus along with Application Form for all the courses will be hosted by the University on their Official website. After reading and filling all the necessary requirements of Application Form, Candidates will be eligible to give the entrance exam.
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS)
Alipiri Road, Tirupati - 517 507
Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh