Soon after the publication of the result, the counseling process will be announced by the official exam authority so as to impart the final admission to the students. On the basis of the merit list, the students shall be called for the WBJEE
Counselling 2023. This counselling aims at filling the seats in the colleges of state by imparting admission to the most deserving candidates.
• The detailed information regarding the admission to the concerned universities/ colleges shall be made available in the due course.
• It should be noted that being merit listed does not imply that the candidate is eligible for the admission in the concerned university or college. It is up to the institute that whether according to them the student is eligible or not.
• The WBJEE Counselling 2023 will be held only once and it is important for the students to attend the same as per the official schedule.
• Course – wise availability of seats as offered by the competent authority shall be available before the commencement of counseling and the seat allotment.
• The detailed description of the stages regarding the counselling is mentioned here.
Stage 1: Registration and choice filling:
• All the eligible and shortlisted candidates will be required to register them in order to appear in the counseling rounds.
• It is expected that the registration process will be commenced in the month of July 2023. The exact dates will be intimated soon after any official announcement.
• At the time of registration, the students need to pay the counseling fee as well.
• The students are required to register them at their earliest so as to avoid the last hours rush.
• In the case, if the candidate fails to register them within the stipulated time then he will not be allowed to appear in the WBJEE Selection Procedure 2023 even if he is in the merit list.
• While registration, the candidates need to enter their choices regarding the colleges and courses available to them.
• It should be made very carefully as it will be considered at the time of seat allotment round.
• Soon after filling the choices, the candidates need to lock the same and get it printed on the white sheet.
• This printed document must be kept safe for the future reference.
• No fresh choices shall be made by the candidates in the subsequent rounds of the counseling procedure.
Stage 2: Final seat allotment:
• After filling the choices, the students will get the seat as per their rank in the merit list, their choices and availability of the seats at that rank.
• Basically, during this round, the choices of the candidate will be processed by the official authority and seats will be provisionally allotted to the candidates.
• The seat allotment result shall be made available to the candidates only in the online mode.
• The students who will get the seat in the 1st iteration of WBJEE 2023 Counselling are supposed to report to the allocated college for the further formalities.
• If the students need any up – gradation in their allotted seat then they can choose the yes up – gradation option otherwise, select no up – gradation and continue with the presently allotted seat.
• The candidates need to report at the allocated college along with the important documents and seat acceptance fee.
• Those students who will withdraw from the provisional admission round will not be considered for the subsequent rounds of the counseling procedure.