Below you will find XAT 2020 Counselling. The counselling will be scheduled soon after the declaration of result and the publication of the merit list. This counselling aims at offering admission to the most deserving students to the management courses. The students should attend the counselling procedure as per the official schedule and it is the prime duty of the candidates to keep them updated with the official dates. Once the dates have been passed, the students will be unable to get admission in their desired courses and institutes.
About the Exam:
• Xavier aptitude test popularly known as XAT is the national level management entrance examination which is scheduled usually in January 2020.
• It is one of the reputed entrance exams of the country which aims at selecting the most appropriate students for the admission in the management courses.
• Being the national level exam, it has immense popularity among the students. As every year the number of students appearing in exam increases, therefore, its level is still rising.
XAT Counselling 2020 – Stages of Counselling:
• The counselling will be organized with the sole purpose to offer admission to the shortlisted and qualified students.
• The counselling procedure comprises of various stages. The detailed description of these stages is mentioned here for the students.
• Stage 1: Registration: The first and the beginning stage of the XAT Counselling 2020 is the registration process. The students need to register them in order to participate in the counselling procedure. This stage involves registration and the payment of the registration fee (varies as according to the institute).
• Stage 2: Choice filling and Locking: After the successful registration, the students will get an opportunity to select their preferred courses. An extreme care is taken while making the choices as no alteration will be done once after locking the choices.
• Stage 3: Final Seat allotment: The last and the final stage is the seat allotment round. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of the choices filled by the student, his rank in the merit list and the availability of the seats at the rank. Once after the seat allotment is over, the students can go for the document verification round.
XAT 2020 Selection Procedure – Detailed Description:
• It is important for the students to know about the selection procedure so as to prepare for it in the advance.
• Needless to say, that the selection procedure varies as according to the institute. Each participating institute has its own selection procedure to selecting the most deserving students.
• It is the comprehensive process which the tests the student on the various aspects. Basically, this process judges the overall abilities of the student.
• Based on the XAT Selection Procedure 2020, the participating institute will decide that whether the student is fit for admission or not.
• Generally, the selection procedure is a two – step process. All the qualified students will have to undergo these two steps so as to get the final enrollment in the management courses. These two steps are explained below.
• Group Discussion: It is the first step of the selection procedure which the students need to qualify. This is a kind of elimination round in which multiple eliminations will be done at once. In this, a current topic will be allotted to the students for discussion and the students who actually discuss the topic well will be selected for the next round. Knowledge about the current topics and good communication skills are needed to qualify this round.
• Personal Interaction/ Interview: Another round of the XAT Selection procedure 2020 is the personal interview round. It is the face to face interview round in which the student’s soft skills will be tested by the interviewer. This is the final round of selection which the students will have to clear so as to get admission in the management courses.